• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shared Production Project: OSx and Windows filepaths

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution to cross platform sharing of a production on a network location other than manually relinking?  It would seem the issue is with drive letters and volume path differences.  

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you 

Rory

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would also be keen to know this. did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find something that works for DaVinci Resolve, I never got around to testing it with premier.

You can mount your windows shares as symbolic links in a volumes folder, on windows, so that they appear (to resolve) as the same path as a mac from the command line.  

mklink /d "C:\VOLUMES\any_folder_name" "full_path_to_network_share"

I would generally make "any_folder_name" be the final folder name in the "full_path_to_network_share" if that makes sense

eg mklink /d "C:\VOLUMES\MEDIA" "Z:\VC\vcProjects\MEDIA"

The other caveat is that this needs to be ran with administrative privileges.

Let me know if it works for you.  Best of luck.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I will try this on Wednesday and let you know. All my best. Steve.

Steve Wakeford

Broadcast Editor & Alpinist

+44 7825 626945 / steve@everyfield.co.uk
everyfield limited Office: +33 6 48 88 71 04
Chamonix, France

www.magneticmountains.com
www.everyfield.co.uk

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS MAIL.

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. Company Name is not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get round to trying this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines