• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing an edit for review

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an option to share an edit with a client for feedback/comments anywhere built into Adobe Premiere other than rendering and sending them the file?

Maybe an idea for a future build, something that allows clients/3rd parties to add comments.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, you can export to vimeo for review although many people report problems with this feature.  Vimeo and a number of other 3rd party apps have review and comment tools that you might want to investigate.  Here's one:  https://www.kollaborate.tv/     Not sure how you can "share" an edit without exporting it.  FCP7 had a great feature called IChat Preview Theater (if I remember correctly) that allowed a client to "look over your shoulder" as you reviewed footage and edited.  Was a great feature.  Unfortunately, Apple killed the feature in an OS update (thank you Apple).  Would love to see that type of feature integrated into Premiere.  I provide support to a few clients who are actually editing themselves, while I watch via zoom or teamviewer.  Not ideal as the video playback is not close to smooth...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definately think this should be a feature - InDesign incorporates a share-for-review feature and you can readily comment on PDF docs, so why not video as well?

It's just tedious exporting an edit, uploading etc. and picking up responses via email, especially (in my case) when working through multiple edits and versions of films. The 3rd party stuff you mention is good, but really (for me) this feature should be enabled in the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but you still would have to output and upload.  Sharing a pdf which is usually a much smaller file is not the same thing.

Adding features can add problems and well as solve them.  Just monitor this forum for a while...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We used to have the Clip Notes feature, you could easily send out draft edits for review, and import reviewers’ comments back into the timeline. The comments show up in sequence markers situated at the precise frames where comments were placed.

But alas that went out the door with CS5.

Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two main ways to do this now are Frame.io and Wipster.

Both are plugins with panels that load into the Premiere UI, and allow for creating quick H.264 exports for review, with notes from the reviewers shown on-screen during playback.

Frame.io is the more "serious" one used by say b-cast/streaming types for colorists and fx people also, Wipster more towards the web publisher arena.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like Adobe listened with the acquisition of Frame.io

Would love to see this integrated in a future version of Premiere and AE and included in the Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James,

Sorry that this feature is not available, but it is a great idea. Sure would be nice not have to pay yet another sub fee. Personally, I'd like to see a few features get added for those editors now working remotely. The industry has changed permanently. Please make an official request, drop the link here, and I'll gladly upvote it.

Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies, here's my official request for this feature if you'd like to vote:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41192653--share-for-review-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines