Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Keyboard Shortcuts between Mac and PC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to get my work keyboard shortcuts, which are synced to my work CC account from my work Mac, with my home CC account which is on my home PC. However, when I sync the settings and open a project, my work keyboard does not show up from the dropdown list. 

For reference, I am working with the most recent version of Premiere Pro CC on both machines.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First, take a look at this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html#Copykeyboardshortcutsfromonecompu...

Second, there is a feature that many people are not aware of. 

When logged to an account you can log to an other account to retrieve your preferences.Look for the cloud icon on the left bottom of PPRO. you'll find it.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.

When I use the "Use Settings from a Different Account" option, nothing shows up in the keyboard dropdown. Also, nothing appears in Users\[user name]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\[version]\Profile-CreativeCloud-\Win\, which I guess makes sense since the settings are from my Mac.

When I try to simply copy the .kys file from my Mac (Users/[user name]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/[version]/Profile-username/Mac/) and drop it into the folder on my PC (Users\[user name]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\[version]\Profile-username\Win\), they do show up in the keyboard dropdown. However, when I select the keyboard I get the following error:

The shortcut key file [SHORTCUT FILE NAME] was created on another platform and is incompatable [sic] with this version of Premiere Pro

Are Mac and Windows settings not interchangeable? Do I need to recreate my Mac settings from scratch on my Windows machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

∂id you find a solution yet please? I also have the same as you do... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a website I've used in the past to convert .kys files for our post process and it's worked! There maybe a few keys that might have to be remapped but after the conversion but they let you know which ones. Very convenient and helpful.

https://knightsoftheeditingtable.com/blacksmith/convert-kys-file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines