Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shifting color grade

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

Just wondering what I am doing wrong. Forgive me as I am too lazy to search for any previous posts on this. So I use an adjustment layer to color grade my sequence so that I can copy the attributes to other clips that are similar. When reviewing the sequence in the timeline window, I am noticing the picture shift from a normal grade to a bright grade to an off color grade and back to normal. This seems to happen with everything I have color graded. What am I doing wrong? How do I go back and fix this, as it is basically destroying the video?

Thanks 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell from your description actually what's going on. If you're working with an Adjustment Layer, the typical thing is to simply draw that out over all the clips you want to affect. No copy/pasting at all then.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying each shoot has its own V-track and adjustment layer across the entire sequence and then build up much higher than I am?

I'lol try it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add the colour correction directly to the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesnt work even when i do it, I'm still having that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the first person to discribed my problems I've been having. Have you been able to solve this issue at all. I'm trying to finished up a film and color grading is a nightmare with these COLOR SHIFT COMING OUT OF NO WHERE, sometimes I dont even have to colr anything it changes on its own, if I go and cut a clip i can see the cor changes sometimes. Just like you said, it goes from the grade you created to a bright yellow aor blueish grade to an off color grade, sometimes back to normal. Anyone on here having that problem? I'm using the Apple Laptop M1 version with the latest Premiere pro. I'm not getting that from my older imac which is running an older version of premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install Rosetta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what is Rosetta, is that a new operating systems, I'm using an M1 Apple Laptop. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines