• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shortcut to remove all gaps between clips on timeline?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a shortcut for closing all the gaps in the timeline?

thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

New to Premiere Pro 12.0 (2018): Sequence > Close Gap. This command was added to the Sequence menu just above Go to Gap. It did not appear in Premiere Pro 2017.1.2 or earlier versions. So . . . who says Adobe doesn't listen to the Feature Requests?

Sequence before:

screenshot_1516.png

Sequence after choosing Sequence > Close Gap (no need to select all or anything):

screenshot_1517.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I'm aware of, but right-click in gap and "Ripple Delete" is quickest method I know.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked brilliantly, thanks! 

I did not want to update to 2018 Adobe Premiere Pro in middle of a project as would have had to update OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would make a truly useful new feature for Adobe to implement.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

This would make a truly useful new feature for Adobe to implement.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Yes, it would, and it's been requested many times, but please don't let that stop you from requesting it again. For now, Ann's method is mostly brilliant and works quite well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to Premiere Pro 12.0 (2018): Sequence > Close Gap. This command was added to the Sequence menu just above Go to Gap. It did not appear in Premiere Pro 2017.1.2 or earlier versions. So . . . who says Adobe doesn't listen to the Feature Requests?

Sequence before:

screenshot_1516.png

Sequence after choosing Sequence > Close Gap (no need to select all or anything):

screenshot_1517.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, I'm not seeing the option to update to this version of Premiere. Huh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David: Perhaps this will help you update to the latest version of Premiere Pro: Update apps to the October 2017 release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan, no I'm afraid not. My Creative Cloud Desktop app tells me that my current version of Premiere (2017.1.2 v11.0, Oasis) is up-to-date. Could it be that my OS is too old? I'm running Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davecooperphoto  wrote

Could it be that my OS is too old? I'm running Yosemite.

Yes... Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Mac

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
  • macOS X  v10.11, v10.12 or v10.13
  • 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
  • 8 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
  • 1280x800 display (1920x1080 or larger recommended)
  • Sound card compatible with Apple Core Audio
  • Optional: Adobe-recommended GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance
  • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David: I was just about to answer when I saw James's post. I had to upgrade my own work machine from 10.10 recently in order to run the latest Premiere Pro. I'm now on 10.12.6 (Sierra). It's a free upgrade from 10.10. I would avoid 10.13 (High Sierra).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. I'd done some research and a talented friend suggested I avoid High Sierra for now. I take it the latest Premiere Pro is playing nicely with Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davecooperphoto  wrote

I take it the latest Premiere Pro is playing nicely with Sierra?

Plays nicer than with High Sierra!

But seriously, see this forum post/thread: Mac Os Sierra & Premiere Pro CC 2015.3

And this ongoing log: Known issues in Premiere Pro CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG this made me so happy, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sequence > Close Gap feature is great! Is it possible to assign a hotkey to do this quickly without needing to navigate to the menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The close gap command doesn't work 99.9% of the time - ripple delete is the only way I know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, go to Edit - Keyboard shortcuts - type in bottom left search bar ''Close gap'' - click where it says Shortcut  and put whatever keyboard key or keys that you want (eg. Ctrl+Alt+G), press ok. Now you can select the whole sequence, press your shortcut and all gaps closed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines