• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut window in second monitor

Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, no  matter what mode my Fn key is in, pressing Control+Alt+K updates my Kindle app.

When I use the menu option the Shortcut Key window opens. The key assignment is correct.  Thoghts?

Mostly what I want to find out is if it's possible to have this window open on another monitor. I'm guessing no, since you can't do anything when the window is open.

In a kind of related  questions, can I put my Program monitor on a different monitor, and configure it so the Project monitor always open on my second monitor?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

PrPro's use of multiple screens works mostly. Unfortunately, the only 'screen' it recognizes as a screen is the one that the UI is set to use as the main UI screen. All other monitors are used as simple +/- pixel points from the upper left pixel of the main UI screen.

I at times use PrPro with the 'main' UI on a different screen if the whole app is on that screen for video recording work within PrPro. Other than that, I work with the main UI window on the main UI screen, use a second screen fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

As far as ctrl+alt+k goes, your kindle app is running and reserving that keystroke for itself in the OS, so, if in Kindle you turn that off or change the shortcut (pretty bold of them to reserve a system key for an occasional updating) you should gain the shortcut use in PP. I hate it when apps do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrPro's use of multiple screens works mostly. Unfortunately, the only 'screen' it recognizes as a screen is the one that the UI is set to use as the main UI screen. All other monitors are used as simple +/- pixel points from the upper left pixel of the main UI screen.

I at times use PrPro with the 'main' UI on a different screen if the whole app is on that screen for video recording work within PrPro. Other than that, I work with the main UI window on the main UI screen, use a second screen for a panel group with the Production, Projects, and Source monitor, with typically Effects panels in a docked side-panel of that one. And transmit out goes to my third monitor.

PrPro normally remembers that project panels go on the 2 screen ... but sometimes it will open or move them to that lower-left panel of the main UI screen and I'll need to move them back.

I can't tell from your description exactly what you're thinking of though. Yes, you can drag the Program monitor panel to a different monitor, or you could use the Transmit Out to use a full-screen of the program monitor on the other monitor.

You can put the project panel in whatever screen you want.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I'm not familiar the the Transmit options. I looked on YouTube and found a video on the Mercury Transmit option.

My Surface is docked to a monitor and I use the Extend option to separate them into two independent screens.

I've been toying with the terms screen and monitor. Screen as software Monitor as Hardware?  Whatever the distinction it does not appear that they are interchangeable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try "Typing Settings" in Settings dialog. Especially down in Advanced settings at  the bottom.

MyerPj_0-1635194033030.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as ctrl+alt+k goes, your kindle app is running and reserving that keystroke for itself in the OS, so, if in Kindle you turn that off or change the shortcut (pretty bold of them to reserve a system key for an occasional updating) you should gain the shortcut use in PP. I hate it when apps do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed!

I tr8ed uninstalling the app but that didn't help. Where do I find the shortcut you referred to 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines