• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shorten clips while keeping the fade

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, Dave Thomson of Dead Industry Radio here.   I do a lot of audio work, but now we're doing a podcast.

I've put the little dots to fade a clip out, but now I want to shorten the clip.   How do I shorten the clip and bring the fadeout dots along with it?  (Instead of the fadeout dots disappearing into oblivion when I shorten the clip past them)

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if I'm doing the intro credits how do I center multiple text boxes in the middle?  If I highlight multiple text boxes and select align middle, it just piles them up on each other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the effects control panel, you can select the keyframes (I'm assuming that's what you mean by the fadeout dots) and drag them to earlier in the shot and then adjust your outpoint...    I think you can also select the clip in the timeline and copy it and then adjust your outpoint and select the clip and control click and "paste attributes" to reapply the keyframes, although you may have to adjust their position to your satisfaction.  

but just applying a transition effect rather than keyframing it might make things easier so as you adjust your the outpoint the fadeout  moves appropriately.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Dave_DIR wrote:

How do I shorten the clip and bring the fadeout dots along with it?  (Instead of the fadeout dots disappearing into oblivion when I shorten the clip past them)

Drag them to where you want them and then shorten the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines