Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Shorten video after importing

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have stream VODs(recordings) of multiple hours in length which lag my program when I try to edit them.

When I edit a shorter video there is no lag so I know it's only because my pc cant handle that many hours.

Most of the time I only need a few minutes out of this VOD, so I wanted to ask is there a way to shorten the imported video, so there is no, for example, 5 hour long video in the project folder(?). If this isn't possible within the program does anyone maybe know about a software that lets you cut up video's without losing quality when exporting?

Thank in advance,

S

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not using the audio, I think you can load the clip in the source monitor and mark an in and out and then export from in to out using a high quality all iframe codec like prores hq.  This should maintain the quaity while converting to a constant frame rate (I think).  The issue is probably caused by variable frame rate sources...  which can cause intermittent unpredictable issues.   If you're using OBS to do a screen recording, I think you can set your recordings to be constant frame rate...  

If you need the audio, and want to just work with short sections, I don't know how to fix this...  but maybe someone else here has a solution.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you also. might try working with blackmagic design's davinci resolve which has a free version.  Not sure whether resolve has issues with vfr, but worth a shot.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines