• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I set my sequence settings to 48k?

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit video interviews for Youtube videos and I always create my sequence by dragging one of the recordings into the timeline. The created sequence then has a sample rate of 44.1k Hz.
The audio of the interview (WAV) also has 44.1k Hz. However, the intro and outro soundtracks have 48k Hz. Also, I export to 48k Hz since this is the recommended sample rate für mp4 videos.
Considering all these points, am I correct in assuming that it makes sense to change the sample rate to 48k Hz before exporting, so I maintain the quality of the intro/outro music?
TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing it isn't a bad idea. Honestly the difference is between the sample rates is very minor. (My humble opinion.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I read that 44.1khz used in a video can lead to playback problems like syncing issues. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines