• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

show time above sequence when playing

Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP CS6 on Win10 plays so jerkily when I start adding transitions and stabilization.  I notice that closing other windows helped some, so it seems not enough resources.  If I went for 16g ram to 32G should that help.

I like having the time in minutes and seconds showing above the timeline as it plays.  It used to but now that has disappeared.  How to get back?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Your laptop should do fine for CS6 but should not have upgraded to W10 rather stayed with W7, IMO.

Might want to consider Editing offline.

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Create clips for offline editing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline panel menu  > Time Ruler Numbers

or right click on Playhead Position (top left) in timeline and select xx fps Timecode.

Premiere is more horsepower driven.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right clicking playhead worked thanks,  I don't see where the timeline panel menu is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does more horsepower mean more RAM would help?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No cpu power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what the laptop has. What would be needed?  Performance says 3.37Ghz  though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your laptop should do fine for CS6 but should not have upgraded to W10 rather stayed with W7, IMO.

Might want to consider Editing offline.

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Create clips for offline editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop was bought with win8, which was short lived and recommended to go to 10.  It never was Win7.

My PC has always been Win7.  I was unable to finish the export there as it rebooted or shut off 3 times.  Not at it now and don't have specs, but it is 8 core and I think about 3.7 Mhtz.  Recently, Adobe stopped support for Win7 and now my Photoshop CC won't run on it and no help available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking into the offline editing.  Normally I export at H.264 for youtube 1029.

What would be a good low res choice to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for a suggestion on low res parameters, to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export settings have nothing to do with off line editing.

Try mpeg2 720p

You need to experiment what works best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I exported as suggested and then thought I would just play it back in Windows Media.  It said it needed a new codec and I have to go to the store.  I enter password and have to agree to terms of sale when I don't even know if there is a charge so I stopped there.

But I was wondering about when I export a project, it becomes one clip and I no longer see individual clips with their former demarcations and names, so how would it work from this point back in PP anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use VLC player.

That is normal when exporting a project it becomes one clip.

If you mean making proxies/converting for individual clips you might want to read the article again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines