Shutter angle bug when rotating

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to make a cd spin on itself on premiere, which I achieved without a problem. I'd like to put some motion blur with shutter angle when the cd gains in speed. But as soon as I put some the center of rotation shifts (for some obscure reason to me) and the cd is spinning all over the place.

Could someone help me with that?IMG_7607.JPGIMG_7608.JPG

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022
If I nest the clip and then apply the transform it works fine. Looks like Shutter angle is working correctly only if the clip is the same dimensions as the sequence

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do here.

Are you trying to get the top disc to look like it is spinning above the bottom disc while the bottom disc also spins?

You may have to adjust the anchor point for each layer to get it to look right if that's what you're trying to do.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one disc. I don't understand why there would be a problem with the anchor point since it's perfectly rotating on itself before I put some shutter angle...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you added a transform effect you need to readjust the anchor point's position to the center using that transform effect's controls. A screenshot showing your effect controls panel will help us understand better what's going on

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control panel looks like thisCapture d’écran 2022-04-07 à 18.15.42.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the screenshots of your first post, you are looking at the anchor point using "Motion", don't do that. Select the transform effect in the effect controls panel, and center the anchor point using the Transform effect's parameters.

Anyway, I believe you should isolate that yellow CD and put it on another track and animate its rotation, you can do the same for the blue CD by duplicating the yellow CD and changing its hue color

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is just one CD. 🙂 The "blue CD" is just part of the CD, it's like a moon and the yellow the sun. The CD is isolated from the background and it work perfectly fine when it's rotating (using the transform effect's "rotation option") so the anchor point is in the middle. It's really just when I activate the shutter angle that it starts messing around for no reason...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried to replicate that, yes, the rotation became weird when shutter angle is activated, I'll investigate more and see if there is a workaround

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I nest the clip and then apply the transform it works fine. Looks like Shutter angle is working correctly only if the clip is the same dimensions as the sequence

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It work indeed. Thank you very much.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines