Exit

Shutter angle moves my object while trying to animate the scale with keyframes

Participant ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cobra_0-1656437551754.png

I do not understand. I have added the TRANSFORM effect

and when I scale up the potato it moves it to a different spot. The anchor point seems to be in the middle!
I want the potato to scale up and grow in the middle of the anchor point.

Cobra_1-1656437603834.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set shutter angle to 0.

If you want motion blur you need to keyframe the position too.

Also turn off use comp. shutter angle and set it to about 180.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Transform and a couple other effects that change image size/scale/location, such as for text animation ... you need to set the Anchor point where you want the change to occur from as the first step of your process.

For some effects, the base anchor point is the middle, for others it's the lower or upper left corner. Set that to where you need it, THEN start making your changes for size/scale/position/rotation.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the answers. Is there any shortcut (like after effects) to set the anchor point in the middle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shutter angle is causing this behavior.

Does not matter where the anchor point is.

Either keyframe postion or anchor point together with the scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a pain in the butt because when I change the scale the position of the object keeps jumping in a different position. How do I keyframe anchor point together with scale? It has completely differnt values and the anchor point is invisible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would use position (easier).

You set the scale e.g. first keyframe 100, second 120.

Position first keyframe: default. Second keyframe, move the image in the program monitor to the same position as where it started with your mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you typed in a different value in the Shutter Angle setting, you apparently want to alter the amount of motion blur visible in the transition of the object. To achieve a different amount of motion blur this, you have to deselect "Use Composition's Shutter Angle."

How the scaling function works with an object that is not set to the middle and what effect shutter angle parameter has on this (as Ann said), I don't know. I always like to keep things as simple as possible, even if that involves more than one step, instead of trying to solve everything in a single step.

So, if you start off with the potato in the middle of the screen, apply the effect and, once happy, nest the clip, you can then position that clip to the location where you need it to be.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines