• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple editing/rendering performance/optimisation queries (stacked clips, Lumetri colour)

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

I have a couple of very simple queries regarding how to get the best editing/rendering performance out of Premiere.

1. If I have 3 clips stacked on top of each other on V1, V2, V3, all at 100% opacity (i.e. only the clip on the topmost track, V3, is visible), does Premiere still attempt to parse and render the non-visible video data on V1 and V2?  Would there be any performance benefit (in terms of editing responsiveness or rendering speed) in deleting the non-visible clips?

2. When adding Lumetri colour to a clip, I note that all of the setting categories (Basic Correction, Creative, Curves, Colour Wheels, etc.) are turned on by default.  If I only make changes to Basic Correction, is there any performance benefit in turning off the unused Creative, Curvves, Colours Wheels. etc. categories)?  Does Premiere ignore these categories if the parameters inside are set to 0.0?

Thank you in advance for any information regarding these two points.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

1. Premiere only deals with the top clip. Can leave the other clips if you want, or disable.

2. No need to turn them off. Parameters set to default (0) are not used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Premiere only deals with the top clip. Can leave the other clips if you want, or disable.

2. No need to turn them off. Parameters set to default (0) are not used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you Ann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the future you can check your stats to see if your system is working harder. The video below is using the Windows Task Manager but there are better options. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-erwmRxAU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines