• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple Exporting to Vimeo

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am brand new to Premiere Pro. I made a sequence with five clips totalling just over 2 minutes and need to download it to Vimeo. I've followed the online instructions with Export but it simply isn't working and won't upload to Vimeo. Can anyone offer real life, basic steps to export. I'm probably missing aomething really simple. Thanks.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it does not upload to Vimeo within the program, you make a separate H.264/mp4 file and upload manually.

Which IMO is the best way, as I would check the file/movie for mistakes first before uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Ann.

There have been issues off and on with the Publish option to Vimeo (and Youtube). I think you will be more productive by not using the Publish option initially. 

When it works, it is simple. But getting there is often NOT simple.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have issues using the Publish tools, but those were resolved a long time ago. I regularly publish a local file and directly to YouTube from Premiere and Adobe Media Encoder. First, just in case you are using both PR and AME, you need to log into your account for each one, the settings do not transfer.

Second, and this is one of the issues I had regularly, is that you should log out of your account from the Publish tab (if anything's there) hit the "Sign In" button, which will open a popup to authorize your account, login with your credentials, check all the relevant boxes, and then click the "Allow" button. DO NOT HIT THE ENTER KEY. I've found this to be one of the most common issues with the Vimeo and YouTube login popup—hitting the Enter key will dismiss the dialog and you won't be signed in. 

If doing the above steps and clicking the "Allow" button doesn't work, can you be more specific about what isn't working, or even better, post a screen recording showing the whole process? We can't help you if we don't know where the process is failing, so details are really important. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue since Aug 20. Exporting media from Premiere. I log in to Vimeo and queue it. In AME I go to Export Settings and it's not logged in. So, I log in again, but it doesn't apparently save, as I get the not logged in error message. And, if I reset the export and check it, it's not logged in. 

And, when I go to Vimeo and look at my Connected Apps, AME is connected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, I tried this tactic, but it didn't work: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder-discussions/ame-and-premiere-cannot-log-out-of-vi...

Incidentally, I can log in and out of publishing to YouTube just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, can you export it locally and does the file playback properly?  Good to eliminate other issues first.   As Ann suggests, doing this and then uploading directly to vimeo is a satisfactory workaround.  When I have a complex sequence that I need to upload to vimeo but don't want to wait in the studio for it to finish before uploading, here's what I do (for what it's worth).  I have a folder on my desktop which is automatically mirrored on dropbox (of yourse you need a dropbox account with sufficient storage).  Setting up the synching options in dropbox is not always simple, but once you figure it out, it's dependable.  If I have a long export, I set the destination for this folder and leave the studio.  When I get home a few hours later (after drowning my sorrows at the local watering hole), I can log in to vimeo from my computer at home, and there's an option to upload from dropbox which is almost instantaneous...   I know it would be wonderful if every facet of every piece of software worked the way it's supposed to, but sometimes workarounds work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All exporting works fine. Sure, uploading it is "satisfactory". The dropbox solution could work, as long as I remember to move the finished file, or duplicate the export, into the individual project folders. I'm doing anywhere from 5-20 exports a day, in completely different projects, each with its own folder structure. The point is, Publish saves a step; and the fact that it used to function perfectly, and now doesn't, is frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may have been functioning perfectly for you, but people have been reporting problems for at least the last few years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines