• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since 2022 update, unable to open 2021 premiere pro projects.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open 2021 projects into premiere 2022 since the last update. What is happening??

I tried on 2 computers... 

When I double clic on a 2021 project, nothing happen. Premiere 2022 seems to want to open it, but NOTHING happens.... It doesnt even propose to convert the project into a 2022 premiere pro project... 

[bad word removed by moderator] ADOBE??? 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Open a new project in 2022 and then import the 2021 project into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Can you open a brand new project in the new version and import your entire project from the old project file?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a new project in 2022 and then import the 2021 project into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks... It's a pain the make this for every project that I'm working on... 😞

[Profanity removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I am paying for something that doesn't work!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, you should try to finish a project in the same version of Premiere you started it in. If this is not possible, the 2nd best thing to do is to start a brand new project in the new version of Premiere and import the project file from the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Pr 2022 just crashes in the middle of all my projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again! New update from Adobe TODAY! I'm onece again unable to open my projects!!! 

Thank you ADOBE! I can tell now that you suck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe! Test your update before releasing it! You're making people losing their time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open a brand new project in the new version and import your entire project from the old project file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! I wasted the entire day! I didnt even update the program. Started up a few days ago and noticed it was different! Tried to make changes to older pojects and they would not open! Luckly I noticed others with the same issue and checked for a bug fix now they open fine! THANKS FOR WASTING AN ENTIRE DAY ADOBE! TEST YOUR PRODUCT IN A REAL WORLD APPLICATION!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread helped me figure out how to open my old files in the updated (2022) version. But seriously, Adobe, you have some bugs here that you need to fix. I expected more and it's apparent others feel the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines