Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single frame stutter in footage

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a single frame stutter in my  60 fps footage

I first though it had to do with the framerates because i shot in 60 and 25 fps. but when i view the footage in the source tap it still stutters. 
Its also not like playback lag. Just some specific frames a small part of the frame jumps.

Please help me!! 

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

I dont think so i have never had this problem with the computer. Im edding on an external hard drive so i think the problem is that. im going to try it from my computer it self

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Had to relocate the files to on the computer. It was still reading from the harddrive. So problem solved. 

Thanks a lot mate!! I appreciate you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this occur in a player outside Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sort of does. If i view it in VLC it stutters but in a different way. more like my computer cant handle the playback.

The files are really big so that does not suprise me. I have had that before. And then no problems in premiere.

I checked the footage on the camera it self and it looks fine there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a proxy workflow might be what you need to do if your computer is having trouble handling the files.

Here's an (older) blog post that goes over the process in great detail https://blog.frame.io/2017/03/20/using-premiere-pro-proxy-workflows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think so i have never had this problem with the computer. Im edding on an external hard drive so i think the problem is that. im going to try it from my computer it self

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, external drives (even SSDs) can bring even the most powerful computer to it's knees. Oftentimes you're bottlenecked by the protocol (USB or the like) vs the actual external drive itself. But I've seen people connect 5400 RPM drives via thunderbolt adaptors and complain it's slow because "thunderbolt is fast!" so anything is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so i transferd all the files to my computer.

But the stutter is still there. 

But i can playback the files now and the sutter is not in there in VLC

So it must be happening in Premiere. I still think it has something to do with my frame rate.

Because it only happens on the 60 fps footage. Its so weird that it also does it in the source tab tho.

Im trying to fix this for hours now but i cant seem to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime it happens its just a little bit different. And on a different frame, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to create proxies and see if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok rendering the proxie right now. I still thinks its wierd because i can play it back in full quality.

But ok worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The proxy is done. but the glitch is still there. Im kinda pannicing now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode the original in Handbrake: https://handbrake.fr/

Use the Fast 1080p preset or the Production Standard preset.

Then import that file and see if it stutters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had to relocate the files to on the computer. It was still reading from the harddrive. So problem solved. 

Thanks a lot mate!! I appreciate you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines