• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skippy at 1200mbps but Smooth at 460mbps??? WHY?

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new MBP i9(2 months old) maxed out specs. My current setup is all thunderbolt 3 connection with one dual M.2 drive enclosure (1200mbps write), an ssd (460mbps write) via usbc. My mbp is being used as a desktop. All edit assets accept music in on the M2 drive. Music assets normally comes from an external ssd via usb-c. used in both systems new and old.

My old set up was a six core Mac pro cylinder and all connections were either USB 3.0 or thunderbolt 2. The maximum write speed on any of those drives was 435mbps.

On the old system premiere pros playback in the source monitor was smooth. In the current new system, I get drop frames in the source monitor. but never on the old system.

In the old system it would take at least two or three effects before I would start getting dropped frames in the timeline. In the new system I get dropped frames with no filters applied.

With either system I normally edit in half resolution and then go to full resolution for my final touches.

So how is it I'm getting these drop frames if I have nearly three times the amount of write and read speeds on my new system drives as i did on the old drives??

80% of all footage is 4k/10bit/422 @150 or 400mbps.

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMG_20210802_231816.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines