• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slingstudio Extension

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac - Catalina 10.15. I upgraded to Catalina while having this problem, it continued. The problem is this - I installed the Slingstudio extension and it used to work. Now when I point it to a project folder for loading nothing happens. Is there any way to turn on logging or something that would show me what is happening? I reinstalled everything, multiple reboots, nothing is working - any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I am having the same problem. I know that SlingStudio hasn't yet come out with an extension that acknowledges the existence of PPro 14.x (2020), but I have the same behavior even with the older (13.x) version of Premiere. I've tried contacting SlingStudio support through every means possible, and they're radio silent. I really hope we can figure out what's going on, and I'm worried that they've stalled development or seriously cut back on the software team for SlingStudio console and/or extension. I just wanted you to know it's not you, it's them. Shallow reassurance, I know... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback! It is sad, yet reassuring to know that I am not the only one. It is such a great setup when it works and was one of the things I bragged about when I described the setup <definitely a cool factor>. Life in the fast lane. Thanks again for taking the time to share the information, it is definitely helpful to know that I am not the only one in this particular boat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here! The Slingstudio extension has been such an unbelievable tool for me and my team for the past year and now it just does not work. This has caused a terrible bottleneck in our post-production process. I have turned to the Slingstudio facebook group and I've seen multiple people post that Adobe manages the extension, not Slingstudio. No idea if this is accurate. Can anyone from Adobe speak to this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my understanding that although Adobe provides Premiere Pro, the extensions available for it are definitely provided by third-party providers, using Adobe script-authoring/development guidelines and SDKs. The responsibility lies entirely with Sling Media (DISH) at this point. They've answered my anxious tweet (@myslingstudio if you want to chime in!) and it sounds like they are hearing our cries for help, and hopefully coming out with a functional extension very soon. The price we pay for the bleeding edge, I guess. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem when I updated to Premiere Pro 2020. Tried rolling back to Premiere Pro 2019, but still no luck. Then I found on Adobe where I could roll back to 2018, and then the extension started to work. Not ideal, but perhaps a stopgap measure until it is updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so, we ran into the same problem since updating to Premiere 14.0. However this workaround might work. In Premiere, go to Import and then navigate to the SlingStudio project folder. Inside should be an xml file. Try importing that file directly. On our side this pretty much did the exact same thing as when we used the SlingStudio Extention. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this work when you are trying to link the Higher Resolution footage? I too have taken this back to Ppro 2018. But im having issuses reconnection a comedy show with the higher resolution footage. This show is 2 cameras and just shy of 2 hours. It'll "sync" the 120gigs worht of footage on the progress bar and then continue to count time upwards as the progress bar is already completed.  Hope everyone is still enjoying their sling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines