• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SLog3 footage coming in with LUT applied, unable to change or remove.

Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently update to Premiere 2022, and now I am unable to grade ir color correct any footage I import from my Sony FX6. The clips are SLog3. When I import them into Premiere, they have the appearance of a LUT already having been applied (I assume rec709, as that it about hwo I expect them to look). However, if I click on any clip, and interpret footage, Premiere claims no LUT has been applied. Oddly enough, if I open any of the source clips, they appear correct (flat, with no color grading applied). But if I bring them into the timeline, they become just like all the others, with the colors changed. Source tab for any clips in the effects window is completely empty, so there is no LUT there to remove.

Especially frustrating is that I CANNOT change/grade/color correct any of the clips beyond how Premiere imports them. Not adjustments in Lumetri have any impact. I don't feel like I am doing anything incorrectly here, but perhaps there is something I am overlooking about how this works in the new version? I did everything exactly the same in the previous version, and had zero issues like this.

Specs:

Premiere 22.0.0

macOS Big Sur 11.2.1

iMac 27 inch 2019

Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory:  64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Hi all, 

I am locking this thread because many changes have been made in the color features of Adobe's video products since the thread was first created. Anyone coming across this old thread who has questions about color - and particularly handling of log files - should create a new thread. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
Guide ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kirstyc1092575  I commented on the words @joshuam4845412

@kirstyc1092575 Take a screenshot of the Modify panel where you interpret the material, as well as a screenshot of the sequence settings of your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, easily resolved by interpreting footage to Rec.709 colour space but this is a frustrating time consuming issue. I am now having issues with edits I have coloured in Davinvi, trying to bring them into Prem to finish up and they have a nasty looking LUT applied. Have tried interpreting the footage in this situation and it is not working.

Can someone help me understand how we get this complaint to people who will change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your timeline and export settings in Resolve? I go forth & back all the time without issues.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export out of Davinci as pro res, haven't had issues before but with the 2023 update of Prem it's doing the same thing, applying some weird LUT over my colour graded footage. Sooo frustrating. In the end I ended up just finishing the edit in Davinci, might make the full move over if this continues. Interrupts my workflow too much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all, 

I am locking this thread because many changes have been made in the color features of Adobe's video products since the thread was first created. Anyone coming across this old thread who has questions about color - and particularly handling of log files - should create a new thread. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines