Exit

slow down video without affects at the music

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a tutorial video but it is too fast,

I tried to slow it down but this thing affects the music too and this thing seems annoying,

I want to slow down the video and repeat the base music (without speeding up or slowing down) to the end of the video.

The way I slowed down the video was to select the video and then right-click and then Speed/Duration...
Notice: I tried to select the video without the audio, but I was unable to click on the video or audio. The program automatically selects the other.

Excuse me, I'm a very newbie to the Premiere.

I have Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017, Windows 7

Thanks in advance for any help..

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

If I'm understanding your question, what you want is basically impossible in Premiere Pro alone. You probably need another app as well (like Audition).

I need more specifics... but what I'm assuming from you question is that you have a finished tutorial, correct? One complete exported file that includes video and audio... and you're trying to bring that into Premiere Pro to make the edits you mention. Does the audio include any voiceover or SFX as well as music, or does it only include music? If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding your question, what you want is basically impossible in Premiere Pro alone. You probably need another app as well (like Audition).

I need more specifics... but what I'm assuming from you question is that you have a finished tutorial, correct? One complete exported file that includes video and audio... and you're trying to bring that into Premiere Pro to make the edits you mention. Does the audio include any voiceover or SFX as well as music, or does it only include music? If it's one of those tutorials that is only music under just the visual of a mouse clicking on the screen, you may be able to pull this off. If there is any voice or SFX as well, you can't do it in Premiere Pro alone.

If it's music and video only (no voice or sound effects):

Drag the tutorial clip into your timeline. Then, right click on the video part and choose Unlink from the menu. This separates the video from the audio so that they can be tweaked independently. Then, you should be able to do what you want: select the video clip only and change time/duration. It won't affect the audio, and you can do what you desire: loop the music underneath. This works because the music doesn't have to be synced to the video in any way. Any part of the music can play under any part of the video and it will still work.

If your audio has voiceover (explaining your topic) or sound effects synced to the video, this is much harder and perhaps not possible. First, do you have an original Premiere Pro project file for the tutorial, or can you get it from wherever? That would be the obvious way. All the audio and video clips could be worked on separately. If all you have is the final export, with music/voice/SFX baked in, the above solution won't work. Because when you unlink and change the speed of the video, the voice and sound effects will no longer be synced correctly to the video.

In that case, what you need is a way to separate the voice from the music in your audio track. So that the voice could be slowed down/sped up with the video (although that may end up sounding funny). Premiere Pro does not do this. I think Audition has some tools that can do this... perfect results not guaranteed but it might (?) be close enough.

If you have Audition, I suggest posting in that forum: How can I separate the voice from the music in my track? Better yet, google it first and see what you find. I'm not an Audition expert. If it's possible, then you can edit the audio in Audition and then bring the separate voice, music, and video into Premiere Pro and do what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, it might be easier to just rerecord the tutorial slower, or make your own if you're trying to edit someone else's. My suggestions above are a lot of drama for a result that will be "okay" at best. But anyone who cares about producing their best at one point or another finds themselves just starting over. Not a bad thing. Maybe, if the video portion is good (but just too fast)... slow it down as you wanted to, and then mute or delete its associated audio completely. Then just rerecord the voiceover to it at the new pace, and loop the music underneath it. I can't think of any other options for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are interested you can take a look at the video tutorial which I mean,
You will find it on YouTube
Video name: "I created an EPIC DRAGON BATTLE in Photoshop!"

Channel name: ""PhaseRunner""

Sorry, I can't post the link, it might be against community rules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the explanation and the valuable suggestions.

In fact, I downloaded an tutorial video explaining Photoshop Compositing.

The original video duration is 5 hours, according to the video publisher, but the tutorial has been speeded up to become only 11 minutes!.

The tutorial is a video and music only, without voiceover or sound effects.

Now I solved this problem after clicking on Unlink , as you indicated to me.

But now there is a problem that the video looks bad (like Choppy video), perhaps due to missing frames.
I think according to my knowledge because of the few frames due to Change tutorial duration  from 5 hours to 10 minutes.

All I want to get is an tutorial video with a duration of truth even if it (5 hours) without a lack of frames to make it appear clear as the original video without modification, I do not know if this is possible.

Any explanation for this problem I would appreciate.
Thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines