• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow rendering on new M1 iMac

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering has been extremely slow on my new M1 iMac despite having additional ram (16gb).

Am I doing something wrong with the settings? Everything is set in the same way I've been using on my old MacBook Air, all apps & software are up to date.

Usually my MacBook Air can render a 1 hr long 1080p video in around 45 mins - 1 hr.
However, on my iMac I'm rendering a 1 hr 720p video with the same type of graphics and it has been 5-6 hours since I've started.

31DF7C52-099A-4FB1-92DB-9FA1E0047887.jpeg

A8CBAA3A-76CA-4D07-968A-D91F2CF2BCD4.jpeg

 

47ED13C7-A20F-4315-B900-7EBF421C7029.jpeg

MacBook Air: (1080p)

M1 iMac: (720p)

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to a local drive instead of an external one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I will try that next time. The only thing is that I've been exporting to my external drive for all my videos when using my MacBook Air 2017 and didn't have an issue with rendering times so I'm not sure why the iMac is. If the external drive is the issue then I'm thinking it could be the USB adaptor since the iMac only has USB-C ports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines