• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

slowed down at 60% instead of 40 and I've logged all of footage... now what?

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

So I spend over a week going through our company's extensive b-roll. When we have 60 fps footage, here is my workflow:

• I select of the footage in the "project" window and right click, choose "Speed/Duration" and slow down the footage.
  • In the "source" window I use  I & O for In & Out, then use period and coma to insert the footage into the sequence of b-roll I have.

Now the main issue is that I when I ajusted the speed/duration pf the 60fps footage, I've slowed down to 60% instead of 40%. So that means each clip in my sequence should be longer that what it is once I slow it down to 40%... So I am unsure on what to do in order to slow down the footage to 40% and still have my ins and outs respected without having to redo everything.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Any suggestions?

By @Naima-Naima

As a test, select let´s say ten clips on the timeline and click Ctrl+R to bring up the Clip Speed/Duration dialog and set the new speed in the Speed box and make sure to tick Ripple Edit, Trailing Clips and click OK. This should change the speed/duration and at the same time keep your ins and outs.

The Ripple Edit, Trailing Clips option is your friend here. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions?

By @Naima-Naima

As a test, select let´s say ten clips on the timeline and click Ctrl+R to bring up the Clip Speed/Duration dialog and set the new speed in the Speed box and make sure to tick Ripple Edit, Trailing Clips and click OK. This should change the speed/duration and at the same time keep your ins and outs.

The Ripple Edit, Trailing Clips option is your friend here. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh My Goodness!!! That did it!! phew! Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines