• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smoother Video for Website Background

Participant ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to https://mgcre8v.com and you will see a background video at the top of the page. 

1. How can I make it run smoother
  2. How can I get the page sized down without having to remove the video; I'm trying to make the page weight smaller and faster loading.

DETAILS

The video is about 12" long. 

I've made a webm and an mp4 version of it.

It is a background placed in my DIVI wordpress builder. I have to have both a webm and a mp4 acording to the DIVI folks (elegant themes)

The video is rendered small; about 800px on long end

Frame rate is 24fps.

WHY I'M ASKING

I ran my site through websitegrader.com and the performance is pretty low. I noticed the page weight went from 3 or so mb to 13 mb when I added the video files.

I'm not sure what else to tell you. 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a blog post which you might find useful:

https://www.gomasuga.com/blog/best-practices-for-html-background-videos 
Ultimately...this is a Premiere forum. The issues you have are related to web optimisation; not Premiere - you may get better advice form another forum dedicated to web development/optimisation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mike, for your suggestion. It was a good read. I might have to look into the ffmpeg thing because everything they discuss, I'm already doing, in Premiere. That is a good find. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines