• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So... With Prelude officially dead, the entire Type A community has been attacked

Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given Adobe's monopolistic power of pushing creatives to work their way or die, and I'm being forced out of my easy method of:

1. Import clips to Prelude
  2. Create my timeline, etc in Premier
  3. Send clips from Prelude to Premier that I so desired
  4. Kept the entire project clean
  5. Bonus: Had a very functional video viewing mechanism that never struggled (unike Premier) to playback Sony XVAC S-I files (though this mostly has been fixed in Premier)

I'm glad to have found out about this only today since there was no message clearly at open or within the Creative Cloud install app, though it was announced a year ago, that I'd no longer be able to send clips to '23 and I'd have to Google this leviathian's website to find a 'program depecrated' page.

Guess I'll make an entirely new workspace, though I did much enjoy Prelude, aside from never getting around to understanding the logging functionality.

*burns podium*
**hands corporate dollars of enablement**

TOPICS
Editing , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've known about it for awhile. The lack of any meaningful updates could have been a clue also. I asked directly a few times over the years, but this has been known / official for a couple years now anyways...  They said they would put some of those features into Premiere.. so we'll see. What are you missing?

BTW: I liked it too, but it was soooo slow to open with a project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used to use Prelude. Especially as I needed to t-code a lot of the media to get decent playback.

And I asked at NAB about updates, but found that Prelude (as far as management was concerned) existed for the use of several major corporate clients. Large TV networks type clients. And as they were moving away from that workflow, no future was seen for updating Prelude. I'm surprised it stayed around as long as it did.

I suggested making it into a video sort of DAM app at the least ... which was also not of any interest.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines