• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Solution]- "Missing" project files in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if people still struggle with this or not. But I did a while ago. I made a full sequence, clips with in and out points, audio synced and everything. Then the next time I opened Premiere Pro, all my hard work was gone, lost in the bits of my laptop. I googled for solutions and most of them were stuff like "Premiere Pro just forgets where it stores its data sometimes" or "You should not let the app choose the file location". Well, that didn't solve the problem, did it?

Sorry for the long rant, I just wanted to make it clear what exactly the problem is to which I am posting this solution.

HP users can head over to C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe\Premiere Pro\15.0

(I use an HP system with the version specified. Any Dell or even Mac user is welcome to post the equivalent address here)

Also, in your anti-virus, make sure to add Premiere Pro in "Allowed apps", whatever the section it would be in your anti-virus program. That was what was preventing Premiere Pro from getting permission to use and store your files(only sometimes though, in my case). Also, you may have to rearrange your media files in your hard drive accordingly and relink them to complete the lost video.

Hope this reaches one of those who worked their blood into an edit only to lose it at the last moment!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing this. I'm sure this will be helpful for many people.

Let us know if you need any help from us.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines