Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some clips won't load

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was working on my Premiere Pro working file last night and all was fine (able to render and export properly), but when I opened it the next morning, some of the clips just won't load (red bar above) and the blue bar below that shows the loading of all the clips just remained stuck at a certain point. Perhaps the image below can better illustrate the problem I'm facing.

Would appreciate some help on this. Thank you!

Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 1.28.14 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

I've seen this issue with files that live on external drives and it's trying to retrieve them from there. Have you tried "locating" them with the locate dialogue? Maybe a restart of Premiere first..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this issue with files that live on external drives and it's trying to retrieve them from there. Have you tried "locating" them with the locate dialogue? Maybe a restart of Premiere first..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graeme Bull,

The files are all on my desktop, i.e. not stored on any external drive. I've also tried restarting Premiere several times but the problem still persists. I have not moved the location of any of the clips used.

Any idea what could be the problem instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to try and reset the preferences, and clear out the media cache to force the software to take another look at the clips.

thread

FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Graeme Bull,

After looking through the clips that were previously imported, it seems that the problematic ones (mainly those that were replaced with AE composition) are those with the clips that mysteriously disappeared.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you waited for the files to conform?

c1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines