• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some footage on timeline now a black screen

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just finished up a 23 minute episode and when I open up the project to export tonight- some footage was black. The files are linked. The visibility is on and I don't know what's happening. I've read it can be a GPU thing so I've tried different settings to no success. A day ago everything worked fine and now some it's just black. Any tips to get the footage working please?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Okay, maybe I was a little too hasty in my reply due to ongoing frustration. Please accept my apologies.  I did discovered that this was indeed a system issue with the logitech camera. I unistalled the program it so far things are working well.  Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tanya,

Thanks for the note and welcome to Adobe forums. I'm Kevin, one of the community managers here. I hope the community can help you. 

You've explained your problem pretty well, and I've seen this before on my own computer system with certain kinds of footage. That said, it's not easy to solve without more info. It could be multiple issues. Most often, it's related to performance of your hardware and/or difficult media to decode to the screen.

What the community would need to help is finer details about your computer. For example, what is the CPU, GPU, and RAM that are installed? If you have an NVIDIA GPU, include details about the model and driver version. Please also give us details about the CPU: is it an i7, an i9? Can you tell us the generation of the CPU. Is it a 4th, 5th, 7th, or 11th or higher gen CPU?

What footage are you editing with? Is it from a camera, mobile device, a drone? If so, which one. What is the format? Is it H.264, ProRes, etc.

If you are uncertain about these details, we can help. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening for me, too. Long time editor so I know this is not a computer issue... seriously. System specs are good, footage is good, drivers are updated and this has to be a glitch with Adobe.  Timeline looks good for about 10 minutes and then video goes to black. Please fix this! 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, maybe I was a little too hasty in my reply due to ongoing frustration. Please accept my apologies.  I did discovered that this was indeed a system issue with the logitech camera. I unistalled the program it so far things are working well.  Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news, @NP16HM! Thanks for reporting back. The community appreciates it.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines