• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Somehow My Title Menu Is Missing

Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest PR CC 2017 on a new windows computer and I was working along, pressed "Control-T" thinking I'd get a title dialog and nothing happened. Then, I looked up at my menu bar (see attached) and the Title menu is gone!  Where did it go and how do I get it back?

titlemissing.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Hi peterkellner1,

This was removed in 11.1 since the new Essential Graphics was added. You can now go to File menu > New > Legacy Title.

Create title graphics |

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've sitting here raking my brain, even reset my workspace while holding down Shift/Alt during start up. This created an even bigger headache because now all my previous files are gone, all my saved title templates are gone and I have to start from scratch. I really wish I had seen this before the 3 hours it took me to try to figure out the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the workaround to allow one to use legacy templates, however it's a horrible hack really.

There is an adobe help page on this, however it has a typo which means it doesn't work, so here's what you do.

• You find where your templates are, mine were in C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0\Profile-Dave\Templates
  • You create a new project called eg "Title Templates", and put this somewhere where your media browser favourites allow you to quickly access it
  • You then import those template files into the project.
  • Save the project

Now to use one of your templates, you do:

• Media Browser, find that "titles" project, open in media browser, and then either
  • Double click them into source, drag them into timeline, then double click to edit, or
  • Import them into project, and edit / use them from the project panel

It's painful, however hopefully that helps anyone who, like me, has a library of saved templates they want to continue using...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why create a project? You can simply import the required template

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice to have quick access to all your templates in one place.  Otherwise you're hunting around your hard drive trying to remember where they are.  However you could, as you say, just import them as you need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should change important things when you update to the next CC. How can you change our workflows from 11.1.1 to 11.1.2. Come on guys. Be serious. I have huge projects with tons of Lower Thirds. And the thing is you make it more stupid to create a title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, I found it. What about the options for making the title the "still" or "crawling" type...like in Premiere CS6? I didn't see these options in the Premiere CC "File menu > New > Legacy Title."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click here:

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 6.21.53 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, all.
Move away from even using Legacy Titles. Anything called "Legacy" means that it will be phased out of the product eventually.

Use the newer Title tools and Essential Graphics panel.

If that's a serious problem for your workflow, let the product team know here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

So what are the things in the Legacy titler that you need that aren't possible in the EGP? It's always good to know what are the precise pain points.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, 

I think nothing less then feature parity is acceptable for long term compatibility, but I'll answer your question directly; 

- Stroke

- Sheen

- Texture

- Small Caps Size

- Aspect

- More shapes than Rectangle and Ellipse

- Pen tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely want the "more shapes" bit ... that's something I've complained long and loud about with the EGP ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't the originally stated intent of these "Essential" panels to provide a secondary simplified interface for chop chop workflow editors? Does this mean we're also going to loose the Audio mixers eventually? /s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Essential" has seemed to have transmogrified rather more than somewhat. Personally, I think it's a misplaced term at the moment. As both the E-Sound and E-graphics are currently simply a UI tool for applying effects to the sequence. And both are clearly intended to be used in concert with the ECP controls for fine-tuning and other adjustments.

LIke the Lumetri panel ... which is simply a glorified UI panel for the Lumetri effect. And to get the most use, you need to be able to access both the Lumetri panel and the ECP at the same time for say keyframing/masking/tracking.

I think they'd be smart to simply call them the Sound panel and the Graphics panel.

And I don't see any implication for the mixers from this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines