• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something's changed and PP has gotten very slow. What can I do?

Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a 2020 (Intel) MacBook Pro, 3TB, 64RAM with an 8GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M Graphics card -- my computer is powerful enough to not be experiencing slowness, and I wasn't until I had to reinstall the software on the Mac two weeks ago. Something's changed in the setting after the reinstal and I don't what. Can anyone help me speed up PP?

It used to be that I could slide 4K clips in an out with full playback resolution but now it's really terrible, and I can even get that little timer icon telling me it's processing. When this happens, Activity Monitor tells me that PP is only using 3GB memory and less the 20 are used by the system.

At present, the catche is on an external ssd with 250GB and I have PP set to use 40GB RAM. 

Thoughts? What can I do to get PP back up to speed? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same and MBP with similar specs. Something happened with the latest update that really screwed things up. Everything i do within the application has a second or so delay. It's horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, EXACTLY. So it's the update. 

Thanks. It's really —.

Mod. Note: Keep it clean, please. We have minors here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines