• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7S3 Footage performance in Premiere Pro 2022

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that preview and scrubbing performance of footage coming from Sony's A7S3 in the new Premiere Pro 2022 is unworkable compared to Premiere Pro 2021. Is this a common issue among users? I've got this issue in new projects but also in old projects that were made without any issues in PP 2021 but are unworkable in PP 2022. I'm on PC (RYZEN 5950x, 128GB RAM, RTX 2080).

Anybody experiencing the same issue and a workaround without the need of transcoding?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am experiencing this problem now. When working with material shot on SONY Ps3, stuttering and brakes occur when playing on the timeline. To experiment, press the JKL keyboard shortcuts to play. What will happen???

Here I couldn't stand it:
Premiere v22 laggy timeline. GPU not being used fo... - Adobe Support Community - 12478154

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shots Sony As3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem, if anyone can find a workaround PLEASE give some insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you just have to wait for an update 🤷‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you're hitting a bug there, Felix. Can you try a different playback resolution, please? Like Full or 1/4? That is the workaround. You can also try the beta or roll back to 15.x to be free of this situation. Super sorry about this. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with some A7S3 files and not having any issues at all ... so it's got to be some variable "we" haven't figured out yet. Or perhaps the bug Kevin refers to where when you select less than full quality playback it borks. So 1/2 or 1/4 quality playback are horrendous but 'full' works fine.

Yea, hoping this all gets sorted soon.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My opinion is 1/2 or 1/4 reproduction should fly like a jet plane without a kick in the ass. Sorry for my English. Why it's the other way around is a mystery to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, I came across a forum where several users said that in the beta version of Pr. playback flies like clockwork and nicknames of stutters and lags. Maybe we are currently working in beta, and the developers are testing the official build. My opinion and I'm not claiming. Why is it worse in the official version than in the beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, you're right, lower-res playback is supposed to be better. Which is why that issue is already acknowledged as a bug in a couple different threads by Adobe staffers. Definitely a bug.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy with that. They heard me. Thank you Neil for your cooperation. I'm waiting for an update and I want to admire it. Still, it would be nice for Neil if they handed over to release major updates more often. It's great. I am for the development of the Adobe product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team upgraded to 2022 and hit a few glitches early on with 4K workflow. We stuck with 2021. One of my team members recently updated to 22.2 to see if the bugs were fixed. We're unable to load and play back 4K (sony a7siii) footage, full res or any version of proxy even with 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 resolution. We can load the proxies on their own and play those. But, when we connect full resolution footage everything blacks out again. The frames don't even load in the source or program window. Audio plays back just fine, but there's no visual. We're going to stick with 2021 for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes! A7SIII footage is slower in 2022, comapred to 2021. 
Sometimes I even encounter infamous bug, when after hitting PLAY it plays unstopably 😃 not paying attention to the fact that I'm pressing the space bar again and again to stop playback. And I'm talking about 1080p footage (+ LUT).

Adobe, you're doing your best to finally kick us all to DaVinci. So sad actually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just ... so odd, you know? So many of you are having troubles with A7S3 media, but on my PC, it's not having any troubles whatever. So ... what they hay is wrong for so many users? And yet, working for some? No freaking clue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be great if Adobe could fix this.. 

I have 3 music videos that have to be completely transcoded and essentially re edited becuase my auto update ran. Tried to revert and get an error about an XML file from Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is user to user forum where we users help each other. The Adobe engeneers do not always read everything here. If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix please post it on uservoice, as it will be read by the engeneers.
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines