• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony a7siii 4k 120fps 4222 10 bit playback issues in premier

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the newest mac book pro fully spec'd out and having issues playing back Sony a7siii 4k 120fps 4222 10 bit.

When I shoot 420 10 bit that footage plays back fine.

Will there be a fix for this soon or is anyoen else having issues?

Trying to create proxies but dont want to add that to my workflow.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just finished a project using the same camera and video specs and the playback was somehow sluggish, I've ended up using proxies to be able to work comfortably. My computer specs are a little bit low: i7-5930, geforce1080 ti, 64 Gb ram, win 10. Another thing: I noticed that PPro doesn't use hardware decoding when playing back those videos (needs support for that codec from Adobe?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ali,

Sorry about that. Let the devs know here.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a video editor. sony Fx3 4k 12fps footage I can't view in real time and can't edit at all. Can you please suggest a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Todd,

Sorry for the frustration on performance. I have noted that most people having performance issues are running H.264/HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 variants. For now, I'll recommend using proxies or transcoding the original files. Please let the devs know you'd like this improved over on User Voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get an update on this. I'm sick of using proxies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some camera media is built for quick encoding in the camera by specialized chips built FOR that camera, and our computers of course can't have 500 specific chips built into them. And those types of media are not computer-friendly for editing/VFX purposes. So the use of those media types in a computer has always been frustrating. That's not a fault of any of the video post apps, and I use both PrPro and Resolve as well as Ae on a regular basis.

It's Life as a video post person. Run the proxies/t-codes while on a break. They work quite spiffily after you've got them. Easier to switch between them than ever before.

I spend a lot of time with pro colorists ... and getting that "crap" to work with annoys the Hades out of them. And they're not based in PrPro either.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now Quick Sync nor Nvenc can playback that codec. I have heard Apple's M1 chip can play it back even at 8K. Rumor has it Intel's Quick Sync will get a revamp with Alder Lake. As of now most people just use 4:2:0 color space. It still looks good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have another problem. When I shoot on my Sony A7S3 in 4k 120 4.2.0 on top of the frame maybe 1/3 from the frame have been completely unusable. The quality of this part of the frame is like 480 instead 4k. What should I do?  I attached files so you can see the bugs on the top of the frame. Please help me to find out how to do my job properly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way you could upload a short clip of this and give a link through say WeTransfer/Dropbox or similar? I would be happy to test the file on my machine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is. I uploud it in google drive. If you have any issues, let me know. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CDY-eUAk1LAPhsfftEer2Yv70VWKTPU1/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran the file through Premiere on my Win10 24-core 128GB/RAM 2080Ti machine.

Image looked beautiful top to bottom. No "pixelation" or anything. There isn't a ton of fine detail in the trees far away of course, as they're both distant and somewhat out of focus. But that's normal for any image.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay....Thats interesting..... I have I9 processor and 1080Ti with 32gb of ram and even then I saw this "pixelation" on top of the frame. Can you render the file and send it back to me so I can see it. And thank you for your time!

I appreciate it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top area of that clip has all that slightly out-of-focus tree limb data.There's some areas that are a little closer and have some detail, some areas a bit farther out without any fine detail. These are of course laid over top of each other.

I can see why it might appear pixelated, especiallly on some monitors. But it isn't pixelation, it's simply out of focus low-contrast areas with some lighter and darker spots mixed in.

I viewed it both via "transmit out" on my UHD monitor, and in my LG Ultrawide main monitor going to 100% in the Program monitor and then going full-screen with the monitor.

It actually reminds me a lot of the out-of-focus backgrounds in film capture with a bit of camera movement.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines