Sony fx6 footage automatically changes look and colour once imported

New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have an issue where I shoot on s-cine tone and when I come to editing and drop the clips in it seems premiere pro just changes the colour automatically and it makes it vibrent and over exposed. Dosen't say there's an effect applied or anything. I'll include a snapshot of the original file in vlc or something and the other in premiere pro. But I can't get rid of it, always ruins the quality too. How do I turn this off or has anyone had this before?

Also the camera does support luts and there isn't any set so it's definitly not that.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere's 2022 completely new color handling system has many changes, and that's puzzling to most users. Ann's links help.

What it is doing with that log-encoded clip is assuming, on account of it being log-encoded, it is meant to be handled as HLG, an HDR format. Hybrid log-gamma, HLG. You see, all HDR is log-encoded, some SDR/Rec.709 is also log-encoded.

They have a transform in the public beta for S-log3.cine media to Rec.709 that is simply gorgeous, but I don't know when that will make it into the shipping version.

For now, go to the clips in the bin, right-click one or more, 'Modify/Interpret Footage' and set the Override to Rec.709.

And maybe ... go upvote this Uservoice suggestion so we users get a single panel to check and set defaults and changes for color management for our media.

Color Management Panel

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ann Bens and @R Neil Haugen , this guy surprised becouse his log footage that should be in 'log look', become 'color look' with over boosted color in it.

How to make it stay in 'log look'? Or may be how to disable PP to colorize this 'log look' footage?

He doesn't need to go to bin, search for the clip -> interpret and bla bla bla

So he can just sit down and focuse on coloring by himself.

==============
Okie Eko Wardoyo

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't change any Premiere default color management at this time, period. Which is why I included a link to the Color panel UserVoice item.

So the only current choice is to go to the Interpret Footage controls, as that is where what CM tools we're allowed to have are located. And make a change there.

As in the posts above. And yea, I'm not best pleased about that myself. Which is why I created the UserVoice request for an actual color management panel.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines