• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony HLG/rec .2100 files to Samsung TV

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read this article DISCUSS: Rec. 2100 HLG HDR workflow - Adobe Support Community - 11122932 and the workflow seems simple. The issue arises when I want to exort clips that will play on my LG OLED tv which dos not understand .mxf files (or prorez). https://webostv.developer.lge.com/discover/specifications/supported-media-formats/webos-60/

Youtube videos with HLG seems to play back fine on the TV and I assume youtube transcodes into h.264 or h.265. Which settings out of media encoder will give me a HLG encoded file while keping hardware acceleration ? 

Any tips would be great. 

TOPICS
Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the ProRes exports?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, samsung does not support prorez playback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>want to exort clips that will play on my LG OLED tv

You start by reading the LG manual to find out what your TV requires

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this perl of wisdom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having a similar issue with export settings for my HLG3 HDR footage to playback properly on my Sony HDR TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, have not recieved any support from Adobe, not sure if anyone from there actually reads the boards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These boards are primarily user to user with some staffer oversight and occasional participation.

How are you getting the file into the TV? Computer connected, USB stick, what?

The HDR capabilities of PrPro are rather new and have come in somewhat spotty as this or that seemed to be workable. While I expect it will change over the next year or so, the vast majority of pro colorists have still not done a full HDR job. Those of us trying to get our 'feet wet' in this are pushing the limits of what the app can do currently. So it's a bit confusing what to do.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been using a USB stick and also a media server to get files onto the TV. I have managed to get an HDR file to the TV but it is the variety that media encoder does not have any acceleration for. I was getting a two day render time for a very modest length file. 

I'm a 3-D artist for my day job and have a fairly powerful machine. The render times I was getting were not workable for anything practical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines