• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro CC to shut down..

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, my project file encountered an error and the rainbow spinner showed up. I forced quit and the title message pops up. Now each time I try to open any project file, it just hangs with the spinner until I do the force quit thing and the same message pops up. 

The only way for me to open my project files is to open a new project and then open the project file. But in doing so, all my saved workspaces go out of whack and I have to move them back to their original position.

How do I solve this issue? I am editing on a Mac.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere Pro?

Were the projects created in an earlier version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere Pro?

I am using Premiere Pro verion 22.2

Yes they were. They were created on version 15.4.1

I've been editing the projects for a while with no problems. Then one day the system crashed and the error keeps popping up ever since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes they were. They were created on version 15.4.1

By @spicesilo

That may be why you are having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in doing so, all my saved workspaces go out of whack and I have to move them back to their original position.

By @spicesilo

There is a setting in preferences to import the workspaces when you import a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workspaces do open up but the alignment is off. I work with dual timelines one stacked above the other but when I open the project, the lower timeline is empty. Every other panel on the workspace layout is exactly the same other than the timeline issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines