• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorting clips by codec compression type

Participant ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple hundred clips for a particular project, and they're a mix of all-i and Long GOP. I'd like to sort them by codec for intermediate transcoding purposes as needed, before importing, but can't figure out how to view and sort by that info in Bridge or Premiere Media Browser. I can see it, per file, in the Bridge video metadata panel, but that's not helpful for hundreds of clips. Nor do I see how to add that "compressor" data to a panel that has list sorting capability in Premiere. Am I missing something obvious? I'm ok with using another app if needed - not ideal, but ok as a fall-back - but am out of ideas there, too. 

Thanks for your observations.

OS=Mac Monterey

EDIT: Just found this older discussion. https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/how-to-see-codec-of-a-file-in-media-browser/...

I assume this still holds true. Still curious about other apps that would at least give me a sortable list view.

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

The metadata controls in Premiere are pretty decent, all sorts of things available. Easy to modify the items shown & save as your own views. Plus you can make Search bins by metadata items. A TON of searching is built-in.

In the project panel or bin, go to List view, and then right-click on the Metadata bar. The Metadata Display dialog pops up.

Now go into the various options there, and find something like Video Codec ... there are several potential data types that might be of use.

Then wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The metadata controls in Premiere are pretty decent, all sorts of things available. Easy to modify the items shown & save as your own views. Plus you can make Search bins by metadata items. A TON of searching is built-in.

In the project panel or bin, go to List view, and then right-click on the Metadata bar. The Metadata Display dialog pops up.

Now go into the various options there, and find something like Video Codec ... there are several potential data types that might be of use.

Then when selected, give that a name. And then back in the Project panel, drag the meta sections to best order for your usage.

Note also that when you click on a metadata field header, you sort by that field, click again, you reverse the sort. Right-click on any bin header, you can select Search bin and it pops up a dialog ... you choose the various metadata items that could or must be included, ok, then it creates the Search bin for assets fitting that metadata description.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines