• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound is too low when I open my project with a newer version.

Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have encountered a rather strange issue...

I had a Premier CC 2017 project and when I open it with Premiere CC 2019 or 2020 all audio channels are VERY low. For example, even though all audio level are the same, the sound is at least three times lower. I can bearly hear it. If I add a new audio file, the sound is fine. Whatever you add, everything is fine but the existing audio files' audio is way down although the audio levels haven't changed. And now I have to make all the previous audio settings but the thing is that I can't because I cannot increase the sound level more than 6db or 15. Even if I increase in each and every audio file in the timeline the audio to 15db, it is still not enough...

Do you have any clue about what is going on here?

Thank you,

Yiannis.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting your media cache files? Don't know if that will work, but worth a try. https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cache-files/td-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it but the problem still remains. Thank you though for the tip. I hadn't thought of that. It is a strange issue. If I open the project in CC2017, it works fine. If I open it in any newer version, whatever has been already saved (audio) is too low but the audio levels work fine with any new audio file I import. 
I start thinking if something happened when Tried to convert the cc2020 project so it can be opened with cc2017 (older version). But now I have deleted the CC2017 version and I will have to work with what I have... 

Let me ask you about an other possible work around... 
I am thinking of making offline every audio file and then re-linking all of them. It's something like resetting them, since as soon as they are re-linked, the audio files will obtain thei native audio levels and the audio settings I've made will be applied on the resetted audio files...
It's an idea.. lol!! Who knows... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap. It did the trick!! Everything is back to normal.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it didn't haha!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw that volume was OK but when I saw "channel volume" it was on -9db... And this -9db has been applied to all audio files... Odd...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another guess from me:

On your audio clips is the FX badge colored? Is it yellow? What happens when you click on it and pull down to Volume > Bypass?

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 11.19.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is yellow.

Almost all audio clips are yellow. Those which are not yellow, the volume is fine. I have hundreds of audio clips, because we are talking about a feature film. So far I am in 1 hour and 6 minutes. I could bypass the level setting, but I have made changes to the volume setting of each audio file, so I will lose those settings. I will also have to do this in every audio file and it is a lot of work.
What I found is that my volume settings have also been changes. I found this.
For example, I have an audio file and the volume setting is -17db (which is definately not the setting I made, since it's too low) and the channel volume setings are : Left= -9 and right= -9. I found that if I make the channel volume settings "0" and I decuct 9 from -17 (that is -8), this is the correct setting. I had set the volume setting to -8 in the begining... Strange thing. And I am guessing that this problem occured when I opened the project in CC2020, where the maximum volume setting goes up to +15 and not +6 in CC2017. As you can see, the difference is 9....  How crazy!!! haha!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! But how did you fix it in a few steps?

I have this problem, and yes all tracks are 9dB quiter, and stereo files are -9dB quiter on each channel. How can I fix this without changing each file volume settings individually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I can select all audio file and increase volume with 9 strokes on the keyboard, but what about the channel volume settings for stereo files? How can it be changed in mass?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just noticed that some tracks have their volume unchanged, this is a problem I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines