• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound not playing on some clips Adobe Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are just a few clips all next to each other where the sound stopped playing. No activity is showing up on the mixer for that clip. I check all the obvious things like mute, solo, the volume level under effects, etc., but nothing. I deleted the media cache files folder so it could all rebuild and nothing.

If I move the audio to a different audio track it will play, but it doesn't when I move it back to its original track. So there's at least that fix, but I'd like to know what the original problem is vs. having to use this workaround.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

You could move all the clips to a new track and delete the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess is volume keyframes on the track, which will only be visible if you have track keyframes showing.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's definitely not the keyframes. I did some fading in and out using keyframes and it works as planned when moved to a new track, but creates no sound at all on the original track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a difference between clip and track keyframes.  Make sure to account for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could move all the clips to a new track and delete the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is the best fix so far, but I'd still like to know what the original problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We might never know, joshwally. If it's not the keyframes, there might be a corruption in the sequence. It happens. I'd copy the whole sequence to a new sequence to be safe.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Somewhere online someone suggested to open the Audio Clip Mixer for the clip in question. My volume for this one clip was at negative infinity as indicated by the highlighted square. Once I pulled that up to zero, the sound was back. I don't know how/why it did it in the first place, but it was an easy fix. If the M towards the top had been highlighted, that is mute and could have been unmuted, but mine wasn't.

kiml30916068_1-1647557500014.png

kiml30916068_0-1647557356507.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got you bro, just make new sequence and copy and paste the whole project into it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this didnt work for me 

i clear all cache , but the file still not have sound when i copy it even in new sequance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines