• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source Monitor Shift In/Out

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to shift the in and out to the current location of the playhead in the source monitor?

I'm doing a lot of editing with pre-edited footage. My current workflow looks like this: I'm using a clip from a source and then I'd like to grab a different piece of that source. I duplicate the clip and skim through it in the source monitor to find a different part that looks nice. Then I shift the in and out to a different part of the source.

There are a bunch of usability issues with the source monitor which makes this workflow unnecessarily slow. Does anybody have any workarounds?

• Scaled-down footage is cropped in the source monitor, I don't understand how this is intentional behavior.
  • The scroll wheel only works when hovering EXACTLY over the minuscule scrollbar
  • Scrollwheel/Alt-Scrollwheel behavior is the opposite of what it does in the regular timeline, and it's quite slow...
  • If zoomed out too far on the timeline you can't move the in/out points

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you've selected a bit of a longer clip, you can Make Subclip ... name it ... keep going down the clip ... make another subclip. Then you've got named segements of the longer clip to use at will.

Scaled-down footage is cropped ... how did you scale it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines