• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specific point in timeline in just one sequence crashes and prevents sequence from rendering.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a documentary film project that has been ongoing for over a year. I have various separate edits of the film within the project file and each edit is saved as a separate sequence. My latest edit suddenly will not complete rendering and gets stuck about 75% of the way through always at the same point. I had just watched the entire 47 minute edit on the timeline playing it within Premiere Pro and it played perfectly before I attempted to export the file and render it. Then, when it failed, I tried playing it again the sound crashes at the same time point on the time line and Premiere Pro stops responding and I have to Ctrl/Alt/Delete. I have done the following so far as troubleshooting:
1. Importing the sequence into a new project file. Still crashes.
2. I have tested all the sound and video clips around the crash point by copying them and playing them at the end of the time line and they all work perfectly when played away from the crash point.
3. As a test, I deleted the section of the film around the crash point and closed the gap to see what would happen when I play. What happens is that it crashes at exactly the same time point even though that time point now has a different part of the film playing. 

4. Other sequences are still playing and rendering perfectly as before - it is just this specific time point on this one sequence. I have done a few days of editing on this particular cut which is why I am not just abandoning it and going back to my last functional cut.

Any ideas what the problem might be here?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would create a new sequence. Select all from say a minute before that point to the new sequence. Rebuild that section as on the other sequence on the new sequence, to a minute or so past the problem. Copy/paste the rest of the sequence.

And see if that works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will give it a go, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So,  I did what you suggested and then started getting other error messages. Then I finally managed to get hold of an Adobe Customer Service person on Chat. It turns out the most recent updates of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder are the problem. He sent me links to the previous version downlaods; I installed them and exported again - all perfect! Rendered in 10 minutes! Although I am angry about the day I have lost trying to fix a problem I didn't cause, I am also very relieved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I wonder still what the bit there was that caused your troubles? Just because that's always good to know. Though at times very difficult to puzzle out.

I've been in the position of needing to wait a few months for an update I could use. Can be annoying but on the other hand, I was working away without troubles.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines