• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specify the size of a text box

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Premiere Pro when a text box is created, it can be resized with the mouse by dragging the text box handles. But there is no way to specify the exact size of the text box...

For example, the anchor point position can be specified by entering values, but it has no sense if the box size may not be specified...

What I'm missing? Is there a hidden setting somewhere outside the "Effect Controls" panel?

Idea No status
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text Box size can be controlled using the scale of the box...Incase you want to control the both the vertical scale and horizontal scale using the essentail Graphics panel by unchecking the set scale lock option. Refer the screenshot 

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 7.59.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer!

Unfortunately the scale of the text box is a percentual value of something unknown, while the anchor and position has to be specified in pixels. Therefore it's impossible to precisely place the anchor point.

For example if I want to place the anchor point on the right side of the text box, and also vertically centered, I have to specify for the anchor values the exact width and the height/2 of the text box. The width/height of the text box being an unknown/imprecise value, there is no way have an exact position of the anchor point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi
Same problem here, i want to keep the text box fixed in a position without considering what is written inside.
I would like parameters as height and width that are available when drawing a rectangular shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate