Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Speech To Text for Single Words

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to buy premiere pro for auto captioning but want to know if there is a way for it to show one word on the screen at a time instead of full sentences or multiple words. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Premiere Pro forum from Using the Community

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you type in one word per sentence, it will show just one word.

Why not give the trial a go.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the excellent question. No. I don't believe there is a way to do such a thing. I think the "Maximum length in characters" can be set to 26. I think you want to create a feature that might bump that down to, like, 8. The feature request form is here: Premiere Pro User Voice

I will let the captions engineering team know, as well.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Kevin; this is a feature request.

Although, if you have material that would actually make sense with single words per caption setment, see if the following works.

The closest you can get based on the settings currently available when creating a caption track from a transcript would be:

Max characters: 26

Minimum duration: 1.2 seconds

Gap: 10 frames

Lines: single

But in my test - with regular narration, most caption segments were 3 to 5 words.

You can, of course, manually use the "split" command to break them into separate caption segments.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines