Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech to text - Initializing local transcript engine

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Since the early preview of PremPros speech-to-text-tool I am using it a lot. Usually the audio has been uploaded to a server that ran the engine. Today the tool starts by "initializing LOCAL transcription engine". But it does not finish the initialization and does not transcribe anything. Why is that? Is there a known bug? Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for support.

Best,

Tobias

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Yes, the beta version no longer uses the cloud to transcribe audio. This has many advantages, e.g. a much improved transcription speed - so it looks like this was caused by an auto update of the beta.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, Pr version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The local transcription engine is only available in the Beta version. Is that what you are using? You should post this in that forum. (A mod may move it.)

I am not seeing this problem in 22.2.0 Build 35. Just updated to build 43. Will check there.

Edit: Build 43 also working for me.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, hi Joost,

thanks for your support.

I am running Version 22-2-0BETA (Build 11) on a Win 10Pro Workstation with Intel Xeon CPU E3-1241 v3, 3.5 GHz and 32 GB RAM with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070.

I did not change my system lately, that's why I'm wondering why Premiere suddenly wants to transcribe on the local machine.

Best, Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot-PremPro-speech2text.PNG

This is a screenshot of the text window after hitting "transcribe". I run a german version of PremPro. It says "Initialising the local transcription engine".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the "Create Transcript" dialogue window.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot-PremPro-speech2text-2.PNG

Hi Stan.

Here you are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are hitting a known issue in one of the beta versions. Updating to the latest beta should resolve this.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander.

Thanks for your suggestion. But why is it? There is nothing I have changed  since the last time I used it. Why is it initialising a locale engine and not uploading to the server? Did something change on Premieres side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the beta version no longer uses the cloud to transcribe audio. This has many advantages, e.g. a much improved transcription speed - so it looks like this was caused by an auto update of the beta.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

you were right. The Update solved the issue.

Even though being forced to update in a running production isn't very pleasant.

Best,

Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though being forced to update in a running production isn't very pleasant.

By @ToSt

True. And there is a definite tradeoff on using the Beta for real projects. In the Release versions, you can reinstall a dot release (or the final version of the version just before). With Beta, there are frequent bugs, and you can only install the latest. I'd create a backup clone before updating. And even then, as you saw with the local transcription, some changes can apply even if you don't update.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tobias, 

I had the same problem today. After trying several times, I was able to solve the problem downloading the language pack I was trying to use and it was not available in my adobe premiere.

In your screenshot, I noticed you are trying to use it in Deutsch, but it has an icon for download. Adobe Premiere keeps trying to find it on your machine and it stays runing endlessly.

Go on your Adobe Creative Desktop and, into Adobe Premiere, try to download the language pack in Deutsch:

Suporte.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved, only way. Thank you very much!

Hi Tobias, 

I had the same problem today. After trying several times, I was able to solve the problem downloading the language pack I was trying to use and it was not available in my adobe premiere.

In your screenshot, I noticed you are trying to use it in Deutsch, but it has an icon for download. Adobe Premiere keeps trying to find it on your machine and it stays runing endlessly.

Go on your Adobe Creative Desktop and, into Adobe Premiere, try to download the language pack in Deutsch:

Suporte.PNG

By @ricardo.senna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a life saver.  

I imagined it was some kind of resource I hadnt downloaded (because of the download icon), but I had no idea of where to download it.  

Thanks.

b.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Visitors,

I really want to use transcript function in Premiere Pro, but it only works on the main European languages. Unfortunately I need to get a Hungarian Language Package, because I've got only Hungarian voices which had to be written to Hungarian. Is there anybody who knows how can I solve this problem? It doesn't work to translate my voices to English and back. Can I wait for Hungarian Language Package add-on, or is it unwanted?

Thanks for your answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how the developers prioritize new language support. But upvote both of these requests to add Hungarian speech to text:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44654220-speech-to-text-fun...

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44557311-speech-to-text-hun...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been getting stuck on this over an over again, tried force quiting a bunch of times but it keeps happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Transkriptor also works well for converting audio to text. I use it in areas where Adobe is stuck or when there are language problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines