Exit

Speech to Text

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Hope you are all well. 

I have been using 'auto-transcribe' function on Premiere Pro to transcribe individual audio tracks. It has been working really well when I select from one audio track, as I know exactly where it came from and nothing is merged.

I have recently tried transcribing multiple tracks e.g. A1 - A4 but noticed when I transcribe them that they aren't labelled. Is there a way to make content from different tracks come out labelled in the transcript? Or even rename the track so it comes up which each individual one? The voices on each track are similar and sometimes duplicated so I don't think the labelling Speaker function would be useful in this case. 

Thank you so much for your help - please let me know if this is possible. 

Thanks, 

Yasmin 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe there is any way to transcribe once and have any differentiation as to track source in the transcript or in the captions made from them. There are problems even if you could, and some would affect possible workarounds.

1. Yes, you can select speakers, but as you say, depending on the source this may accomplish little toward your goal.
  2. Even if it did add speaker designations, the "speaker" information is not pulled into the caption stream.
  3. Timecode in the transcript (as opposed to captions made from them) covers relatively long periods of time, and would almost certainly overlap with transcript sections from other tracks.

What can you do? You can transcribe for each track. That transcript will be removed when you transcribe the next track (using the "re-transcribe" option). But you can export it as various formats. Before transcribing the next track, use that transcription to Create Captions. When you export each caption stream, the timecodes will be shorter and less likely to overlap. Outside PR and using text editors or apps such as SubtitleEdit, you can add a track designation and merge the files into one.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks Stan - that is really useful to know! Have a great weekend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines