• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed/Duration % not inputting correctly...

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several video clips in Premiere CC that I'm intending to speed up by 200%. I'm using the Speed/Duration dialog box to achieve this. I was able to make this happen with the first video clip, but the subsequent clips will not allow me to input the correct number.

Instead of displaying the percentage I type into the box (200% in this case), I'm seeing the same number each time: 2.59%. No matter what number* I input into the box, this is the result. Any additional digits I add are added to the beginning of the number.

For instance: Inputting 200% gives me 002.59%; Inputting 123 would give me 232.59%, inputting 0135 would give me 1352.59%.

* Correction: To further complicate the matter, this only happens when inputting numbers 0, 1, 2. Typing in any number 3 or above does not have this issue.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird.. I'd reimport probably. Check how the footage is being interpreted too just in case. With all that and maybe a restart or Premiere to be sure, I'd then just right click on the footage and show keyframes for speed and then adjust with that instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experience this issue since several years now. Each time there is a new major update i hope this bug is fixed but it still with CC 2018.

It happens first when I have a clip with a dutation more than 30 minutes in the timeline. Link/Unlink several times speed/duration and finally i can enter the correct value or triming clip temporary to less than 30 min.

As you said it happens only when inputting values starting with 1 or 2. Entering 30% or 400% and it's Ok. Most annoying and strange bug i ever experienced with PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you've both got something, but I did find that once I chopped the clips into less-than 30-minute segments, I have been able to properly change the speed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a workaround by not using speed/duration but the Time Remapping parameter in the effect controls panel, when I set the parameter at 200% it stays at 200%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And guess what, it is still hapennng in Premiere Pro 2020, when I try to change the speed / diration %, it gives me always 3.21 and if I add zeros, it adds the zeros before everything... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And same in 2022.... except I get 3.68% lol. Lucky I only do long clips like this every so often, annoying bug tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in 2023!! anything using 1 gets me a speed input of 1.91?!! have to drag the timeline duration to adjust the percentage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing this as well.  Cutting the clips up into 30 minute segments solved the problem but this is new bug becuase I've always been able to speed up much longer clips without having to cut them up.  Premier Pro needs to fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I drop in images for intro screens and attempt to set the duration -- no matter what I do, PP reverts to 4.05 seconds per image. I have tried restarting PP, the entire computer, etc, to no avail. It's a bug for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's still happening in 2024!!! So thankful I found this post! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes still happening for me, 2024, it's inconsistent, and very annoying. Does anyone know anything yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone still having this issue, I think I found a workaround for specifically adjusting Speed and Duration.

If you copy and paste the numbers instead of typing the digits it works.

I had a very specific case where I had to input exactly 252.54% and couldn't use Time Remapping for this. Hope this helps anyone who's still having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines