• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split-Caption Bug

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the most recent version of Premiere Pro (22.4) and since updating I am no longer able to split captions. I have no problem transcribing the sequence, or creating captions. However when editing captions I click the split captions option and it doesn't work.

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Thanks for reporting back. Congrats on finding a workaround. But there is an easier way.

The "3 dots" option should work. I confirm that it does not.

The 3 dots is an "overflow" menu. If the Text Panel is too narrow, the icons that do not show are added to the overflow menu. This includes the "split" icon (up/down arrow with a horizontal line in between). Too see all the icons quickly, just select the Text Panel and press the tilde key. Press it again to go back.

There are 2 options:

Enlar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having no difficulty splitting in 22.4, in the Text panel or the timeline,  using the icon or the keyboard shortcut.

Please post a screenshot showing the timeline, program monitor, and text panel.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I found a work around, by actually copying and pasting the caption on the timeline and editing it that way. However since updating to 22.4, clicking the 3 dot dropdown and clicking "split caption" results in no action. The drop down menu doesnt even dissapear when clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back. Congrats on finding a workaround. But there is an easier way.

The "3 dots" option should work. I confirm that it does not.

The 3 dots is an "overflow" menu. If the Text Panel is too narrow, the icons that do not show are added to the overflow menu. This includes the "split" icon (up/down arrow with a horizontal line in between). Too see all the icons quickly, just select the Text Panel and press the tilde key. Press it again to go back.

There are 2 options:

Enlarge the Text Panel by dragging the edge to the right, until the split icon shows.

Assign a keyboard shortcut to the command "Split Caption Segment Under Playhead." I use Ctrl+Alt+Y (and Ctrl+Alt+U for Merge).

To assign a shortcut, in Windows, Edit -> Keyboard Shortcuts. Type "caption" (not captions, with an s) in the search box. Scroll if necessary till you see the command. Click in the shortcut area for that command, hold Ctrl and Alt, and type "y".

Yes, the Text Panel overflow menu (3 dots) does not dismiss when you click into another panel. It does dismiss when a) an item in it is clicked or you click the 3 dots again, b) esc is pressed, and c) when you click in an empty part of the Text Panel. (When I first tested it, clicking in the Text Panel did NOT dismiss it, so this is improved as of 22.4.)

The other bug that has not been fixed is that in the Windows menu, "Text" does not appear with a checkmark even if the Text Panel is open.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing thank you! I just expanded the window and the split caption button works perfectly. Thank you for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the 22.5 Release (6/22?/22), the "3 dots" Split Caption command is fixed and working.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines