• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stabilize multiple clips sequentially on the timeline

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 20 4k clips on the timeline, I made corrections to them and at the end, I want to apply "Warp Stabilizer".

If I do it at the same time for all the clips my iMac is not able to do it.

Often some of the clips are not stabilized and I have to press "analyze" again.

Even worse, sometimes the computer hangs because of the hard work because it tries to apply the "warp stabilizer" effect to all the clips at the same time.

I need to find a way to overcome this issue. The best thing would be if Premiere would apply the effect to the clips sequentially, but I don't know how to do it.

I hope you can suggest a new way to solve this problem, thanks.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
38 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rudeness comes from suggesting that he should have done things differently, when he just wanted someone to help him do the thing he wanted to do, better.

It would be like if someone asked "Does anyone know how to repair the axle of a Yugo? I can't seem to find parts anywhere. Is there a replacement part I can use?" And then someone replies "Why are you trying to fix a Yugo? It's a horrible car. You shouldn't even be driving that car in the first place."

So, no matter how true any of that response is, it does absolutely nothing to answer the guy's question, and is rude to imply he shouldn't even be doing the thing he wants to be doing -  maybe the guy has some very specific reason he wants to fix the Yugo. I would disagree that warp stabilize is a last-ditch kind of thing as you suggested (as I mentioned, it can be very useful in applying a very gentle smoothing out of hand-held shots at very small stabilization percentage). But, it isn't even the issue if we disagree if it a great thing to use or not. The reality is he wanted to use it, and just wanted to know how to use it more efficiently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above comment is from me, I guess I signed into an old client's account by mistake before I wrote that reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I did directly answer the question ... no, there's no batch stabilization in PrPro. Which would be a useful thing for quite a few users, but the reality is it doesn't exist.

So your comment is actually in error.

I know quite a bit of gimbal work may need some stabilization ... but again, the better your gimbal work, the better off your editing process will be. My gimbal work ... I keep quite simple, and shoot everything several times. Because I'm not that good at it.

I know some people that are awesome with a gimbal. And rarely need to reshoot or stabilize in post. Wish that was me.

Understand, I still don't get the hyper-sensitive thing. It's a job, it ain't Life, and everybody does things diffferently. Learn from the different approaches, and don't get your knickers in a bunch that someone does it differently. Or suggests an alternative.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished building a Adobe Premiere script for batch stabilizing videos from our family vacation.

Hope it can be useful to someone.

Still not very user-friendly, but it does the job.

https://github.com/viskin/premiere-batch-stabilize

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great ! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@orfeas76 have you tried this extension script yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a plugin on Exchange that allows analysing clips sequentially: Batch Stabilization for Warp Stabilizer | Adobe Exchange

Adobe should add something like this to Premiere Pro by default. There are a few feature requests to add batch analysis on User Voice. You can upvote those and hopefully adobe will add this in an upcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark In and Out points in Timeline. 
Hit Enter. 
That will Analyze all clips at once. It will take a while though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  This ^ post actually solves it all. After years of laugh able drama on this topic. Admins please make this info known/implemented and close this garbage fire once and for all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sorry to reply to such an old post, but this issue is still kicking around. My solution was to make a macro. With the timeline selected, i would find "warp" on effects, click the analyze button (no other effects applied, so it stayed on the same place. This click on the same place is easy to setup on a macro software), and select timeline again. Loop as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and it rendered the clips with the warning banner, not analyzed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to stabilize my entire 30min-vacation movie (filmed with my mobile, of course without tripod), but noticed that stabilizing multiple clips in Adobe Premiere Pro is still not possible/workable in 2023. However nowadays a user friendly, easy-to-use plugin is available:

https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/107996/batch-stabilization-analysis-for-warp-stabilizer

I tried the free trial version which allows you to stabilize max. 5 clips. I've now bought the paid version ($29 not including tax) and can now stabilize many more clips sequentially. The way it works after installing the plugin (=easy) is: In Premiere Pro select the clips you want to stabilize, select Window-->Extensions-->Batch stabilization For Warp Stabilizer so a nice dialog appears, push AddClipsToQueue and press Start. The plugin skips any clips that already have a WarpStabilizer-effect and clips that have a Speed-effect (WarpStabilizer and Speed-effects cannot be used at the same time). The advantage for me is that I do not have to learn scripting in Adobe at all. Have fun!

Conflicts of interest statement: None (I am a simple user, not an employee from Vakago or Adobe). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This extention looks like it will do what you want:

https://vakago-tools.com/stabilize-multiple-clips-in-premiere-pro/

To the people saying change your shooting process.. an editor does not always have control over the shooting process. What does it matter to you if someone needs to warp every clip? Sometimes it just gives that extra buttery look. Sometimes you have really shaky footage. Get over yourselves and don't clog up a support thread with unhelpful "tips".

Votes

Translate

Translate