• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still Existing Bug within 15.4.0 that makes my footage utterly useless

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making another post to hopefully bump this issue. On both an m1 Mac Mini and Macbook pro there is an awful frame glitching effect with any XAVC footage in 10 bit from the a7siii, fx6, and fx3. 

It's entirely unpredictable and is an absolute pain to deal with as I can't find a single way to mitigate the issue at all. It makes an entire project useless to export and has me using davinci resolve instead, which I am not a huge fan of doing since most of our work is adobe library critical. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Thanks for the media files. We're currently investigating the issue. In the meantime, you may try transcoding the media files using any external transcoder like Handbrake & check if the transcoded files are working properly in Premiere.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is an example of what i'm dealing with. fame glitch.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond,

I have seen this is issue in a few cases. Really sorry. I let engineering know. I hope we can get a fix in for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be greatly appreciated. It’s been a major hang up, the premiere pro M1 experience is an absolute joy, when this isn’t an issue. I’m excited to keep using it once it’s fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem! Hope that it can get fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond5E09, defaultakz50qw76bal,

Sorry for this issue. We are investigating it and will surely try to fix it. 

Meanwhile, can you please share some of the problematic footage you are using like XAVC footage in 10 bit from the a7siii, fx6, and fx3 cameras as you mentioned? 
This will ensure this bug is throughly tested/verified from all possible media which our users might be using in PPro.  

Rest assured that we are looking at it.  

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent this via email but hopefully this delivers properly! Also, I have noticed that the issue exists across the update and not just M1 Devices on our end! Both devices on the new update showed issues on Mac OS. I have not tried updating my PC yet. 

Folder of Footage with Issues.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the media files. We're currently investigating the issue. In the meantime, you may try transcoding the media files using any external transcoder like Handbrake & check if the transcoded files are working properly in Premiere.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files are transcoded in the beginning without the adobe suite they seem to work fine. Unfortunately I can't spare the time to do that in a lot of situations. But it does work for the time being. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT a solution!  This always worked in the past and is pretty basic for injecting H.265 4k 60p files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having major issues with this across the entirety of my sequence. It seems like the glitches appear at the same points of each clip but sometimes when scrubbing they dont appear or appear differently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've collected 3 raw clips that have shown issues in the timeline to aid in fixing this bug. That folder can be found HERE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have the same problem. Multiple glitches on footage from Sony A7Siii and Sony FX6. Footage 4K, 60fps. MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

It happens in preview window also on rendered footage. I tried different export formats like Quicktime, h264..., software only... Nothing really helped. Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 9.32.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi APFilms,

Sorry about this. We're currently investigating this issue and will try our best to get this sorted as soon as possible. In the meantime, you may try transcoding the media files using any external transcoder like HandBrake & then import the transcoded files in Premiere Pro. Alternatively, you may also run the app in Rosetta mode and check if it's working properly. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issues, but for now,i edited on ppro 'm1 version' for smooth playback even with a glicth.. after i finish the edit,i'm goin to render on 'intel version' , it will clear the glicth on final result ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Raymond5E09, defaultakz50qw76bal, @a250Rlover @jakel12224547  @APFilms  @anonyme5C3C ,

Sorry again for this issue. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. We expect the issue to get fix in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

You can have a look at the announcement here: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-hardware-acceleration-decode-for-4-2-2-10-b...

Please let us know how it goes for you. Rest assured that we are actively monitoring this issue.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines