• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still getting the flickering play-head/inactive timeline issue

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting this flickering playhead issue. My interface basically become inactive when this happens. I've done everything: Update graphics card, updated Adobe Premiere and reworked my cache and ram. I've configured the graphics on the computer for Premiere and udated the C++ preview files. There is really no workaround for this?  (Video of what is happening attached)

Work Computer: 

Windows 10.0.18362

Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core

16 GB Ram

AMD Radeon RX 580

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this also happen with regular footage such as 1920x1080 in a matching seqeunce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, but it doesn't really apply. I specifically work in 1080/1350, 1080/1080 and 1080/1920 sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you ever solve the problem? (other than reseting pref or reinstall ppro) I notice my playhead flashes when I condense a large sequence. It seems to be a warning for something, but I can't figure it out. I have 32gb ram, so it can't be a memory issue.... I'll have an SD sequence, upscaled to 1080p, only 4 mins long, and as I condense the timeline it flashes... when I expand it, it goes away. Also, the flash gets slower as I expand. It seems to be a controlled situation, but why? what does it mean?

Added note:  I muted all the audio tracks and the flashing stopped.   Something to do with wave files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different for me. It literally makes the interface basically unusable. Haven't been able to fix it. No matter how far or close I zoom into the timeline, I still get the flicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout
    • Choose Window Workspace Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that, didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can confirm the problem. I'm not sure what causes it. I usually just quit PP and reload it. My project and footage are on two nvme drives, so it loads pretty quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you file this on User Voice, por favor. I don't see a good bug up there on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this on and off.

I think I zoomed in and out of the timeline and/or min/max the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Dean,

Is your display scaled at all? If it is 100%, does it flicker? Also, do you have any third party hardware connected?

Thank You,
Kevin Monahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is scaled correctly. Its not a display issue though, its a UI issue. When it flickers, the timeline becomes completely unworkable. I can't select things, I can't go through any of the panels and I can't change any effects settings. And no, there is no third part software connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reseting the preferences and workspace.... worked for me, Thanks.

Wiped them out, and downloaded saved settings from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hasn't worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the problem the other day. But it was not in the main Sequence I was working on, and the main sequence was not flickering, so I carried on working and it was fine. This will be a tough one to find. I do have some .wav's in both sequences and I was playing with the muting, so I will try muting all tracks next time I see it, to see if that works. I'll post here if I can ever find this thread again! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any found a solution to this yet? It's really affecting the speed of the work at my office. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be happening in the nests if my videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like it needs to be reported here as a bug:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reported it as a bug last week, no responce. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean,

The product team does not respond to every bug report. Sorry for the disappointment.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not like they are going to do it immediately. However, if a post starts to gain some traction and we users upvote it, then it might. It would be good to post a link here to your UserVoice post so people reading here can get to it and upvote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I'm having the same problem. A flickering playhead which causes a perfomance hit on my system. It also seems to coincide with a nest clip losing its waveform information. I think I've found a temporary workaround where I copy the clip that has lost the waveform, delete the clip, then paste back into the same position. Waveform returns - flickering has stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi any luck finding a solution to the blinking playhead?  I've reset preferences, re installed PPro, only clears things up for a little while, then problem returns. I can clear the problem by copying entire sequence into a new sequence, but, problem returns after a couple hours of light editing.  Very annoying problem.  I notice when I have fuller sequences, the problem is more likely to return.  (30 or 40 edits)   

My systems is decent, 32gb ram, Ryzen 8 core/16 thread / GTX1050Ti gpu.

AND,,,, I'm only working with SD clips!! NO HD..... simple old school video!!!  

God forbid I ever stick some HD into this program it will blow up.

I have always felt the flashing is some type of warning, but Adobe has no answer for this. They said to reset all, and or make a new project or sequence and copy into it, but it's super annoying to keep making new files while trying to edit.

I still can't believe after all these years PPro has these stupid bugs!!!!!   Over 15 years of bugs and counting.  How is this software the best on the market???  BUGS BUGS BUGS.  Turns any editing into a nightmare.

Adobe techs, please address this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Had the same thing, very frustrating... The only solution I found was to revert back to a previous version, 13.0.3. Unfortunately any project you started in the new version will not be backwards compatible, so you'll have to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing this playhead flickering is system related.

For reverting back to a previous version:

Open a New Premiere Pro Project on an Older Version! Windows

Open a New Premiere Pro Project on an Older Version! Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines