• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no audio scrubbing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read the other similar posts, tried all the common fixes, and even replied/added to a very similar one  -  but didn't get any feedback, so I'll try a fresh discussion.  I'm having a similar issue - no audio scrubbing while dragging across the timeline.  One difference I've noticed from the other posts - I will sometimes hear a first, short 'burst' of sound before it goes quiet (like it's starting to scrub but then stops).   I've checked the audio preference (it's on), I've played with Shift-S, no change (well, it turns off the initial burst, but no useful scrubbing), I've re-started the program - no luck.  And I can scrub (on the same file) in the source monitor, but not when it's added to the timeline.  And it's only on certain projects - I can scrub in one, close it, open a different project, and the scrubbing is gone.  Thoughts?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

I just completed the most recent update for Premiere, and while the problem remains the same on the old projects, in a quick test just now on a new project (using some of the same audio and video files) it seems to be working correctly!  If it pops up again in the future, I'll be back in touch, but until then, 'all's well, that ends well'

Thanks,

Evan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import the old project into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  The new project behaves the same as the old - small burst of sound when starting to scrub, but then nothing....  And the clips all scrub correctly when opened in the source monitor.  Odd and inconsistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work around, have you tried JKL playback?  You can speed things up considerably to simulate scrubbing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  Interesting idea - I do use JKL playback, and it doesn't seem like I'd use them the same way as I want to use scrubbing, but worth playing with some more.... 

Esp. since I don't read about everyone having this problem, it just seems like there's some small 'trick' I need to do or change...frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you've tried resetting the preferences.

Have you tried updating or rolling back the audio driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset the preferences, no change.  And I hate to say this, but I'm not even sure how update/rollback the audio driver.  If you can steer me towards a resource (Mac), I'd be interested to explore.  I wonder, though, if it were a driver issue, why would it only impact the scrubbing in the timeline and not the source monitor?  And why the initial burst of sound when scrubbing the timeline, but nothing else?

Thanks for the ongoing help,

Evan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

evanj87540245  wrote

If you can steer me towards a resource (Mac), I'd be interested to explore.

I'm not a Mac guy, but maybe something here will help:

Apple - Support - Downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EvanJ,

Are you still experiencing this issue or have you solved it? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just completed the most recent update for Premiere, and while the problem remains the same on the old projects, in a quick test just now on a new project (using some of the same audio and video files) it seems to be working correctly!  If it pops up again in the future, I'll be back in touch, but until then, 'all's well, that ends well'

Thanks,

Evan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks Evan J!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, can you help me? I just bought the program and having this issue I tried closing and opening it. Also creating a new project but I still can't select stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue and have updated premiere, re-started it and still the audio scrubbing won't play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue (my editor, who is a long-time customer of yours and a whiz can't figure out the issue). Hello, I'm the editor. i have a separate account with you... I have 21 short films to edit, and the audio issue is as described above, and the fixes are taking vital time away... any fixes other than editing in Wavelab? PC-based.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin- I'm not getting audio during JKL playback (was getting it last week on same project, nothing's changed)

Any suggestions? Audio scrubbing is on in preferences.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem. Scrubbing in the source monitor worked fine, but not in my main sequence. So it must be a problem with the sequence. I looked at my audio track mixer... I have 4 effects on it, but 3 of them are usually disabled. Once I deleted those, the scrubbing audio seemed to return to normal.

Everyone who uses Premiere should keep in mind that sequences themselves can get very buggy and corrupted... especially if you have rendered a lot of previews onto them.

Similar to "Try turning it off and on again," An important procedure for Premiere is: "Try copy/pasting everything into a brand new sequence." And if that fails, you can also try copy/pasting everything into a brand new PROJECT. .Prprog files, too, can become corrupted.

More troubleshooting steps can be found here: Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TaranVH, thanks for this. I've tried this and the problem seems to return, so I'm figuring that this is something that must be constantly done... thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've read all the texts and tried most of the solutions but this problem is occuring on all my projects including one I just started as a test.  This is not good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines