• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop creating new clips when dragging in from a different project

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using some clips from a project I filmed in 2020 within a project I filmed and am editing for 2021.

I have both projects open.  When I edit a clip from the 2020 project into my 2021 sequence, a new folder is created in my 2021 project with the clip inside it.  Is there a way to stop this?  What I end up with is a multitude of folders called "Dailies" filling up my 2021 project.

I would prefer to just use that old clip in my new sequence WITHOUT it going through this process (if possible).

Thanks,

Tony

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behavior is by design.

If you want to use a clip in a project it needs to be imported hence the new addition to the Project window.

So the answer is no, you cannot turn this off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.  It's what I thought but was just hoping there was a way to disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PrPro uses a database format to work, in total. The Project file is the 'home' database for the project, and includes the metadata of all media used and the data from all sequences. The entire app runs on that information. So it needs the information from any clip used in a project in that same project.

This is what you're seeing.

Now ... if you work in Productions mode, like many of us do now, you have different projects all part of the single Productions folder process. And you can add media from one project to another without needing to add meta to "this" project because it can still access that data at need from the other project within that Production.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines